January 8th 2009
Bell Center
Puck Drops 7:30 EST

Toronto
tor.png
Maple Leafs
08-09 Season 16-18-6...38 Pts...11th Eastern Conference
Away 8-10-2...Last Ten 4-6-0
PP% 20.4 (12th Overall) PK% 73.5 (29th Overall)

@

Montreal
mtl.png
Canadiens
08-09 Season 23-10-6
Home 12-4-4...Last Ten 7-2-1...4th Eastern Conference
PP% 14.2 (27th Overall) PK% 82.9 (11th Overall)

Starting Goalies

Vesa
toskala.jpg
Toskala
14-13-5 GGA 3.27 PCT 0.885
Back-Up: Curtis Joseph

Jaroslav
hal_ar_041207.jpg
Halak
7-6-1 GGA 2.74 PCT 0.910
Back-Up: Marc Denis

Team Leaders
Toronto Maple Leafs Montreal Canadiens
Nik Antropov 13 Goals Robert Lang 15
Tomas Kaberle 23 Assists Andre Markov 23
Nik Antropov 31 Points Robert Lang 30
Ian White 6 Plus/Minus Josh Gorges 18
Andre Deveaux 62 PIM Tom Kostopoulos 53

Injuries
Toronto Maple Leafs
Mike Van Ryn
Jeremy Williams (Questionable for tonight's game)
Matt Stajan (Probable for tonight's game)

Montreal Canadiens
Saku Koivu
Alex Tanguay
Chris Higgins
Carey Price
George Laraque

The Fans
Maple_Leafs.jpg
VS
1208531738_7538.jpg

Great thread. Let's crush these punks! Also, is Halak actually starting both of a back to back? :blink: Even Price rarely gets that.

I am not sure, I assume he will start... The played a decent to good game last night (from what I saw, which wasn't much) even though his rebound control is still terrible... Price isn't gonna be starting until atleast the weekend... I don't know if Carbo trust Marc Denis enough to start him... Besides starting Halak may give Halak the attention he needs to break out of this slump he was in... Also I had to make the thread early as I will be at work from 4:00pm until 12:00am...

I believe tonight we're honouring the leafs...................................... :rolleyes:

The Original 6 Salute.

So the doors to the Bell will probably be open abit earlier, and the broadcast will probably be between 6:30-7:00 start.

Finally, a Habs Leafs Game!!! It's been over a month.

This is what I want! The taste for a game like this, instead of playing the leafs 8x a season. Good on the league for reducing the games.

GO HABS GO!!!

I believe tonight we're honouring the leafs...................................... :rolleyes:

The Original 6 Salute.

So the doors to the Bell will probably be open abit earlier, and the broadcast will probably be between 6:30-7:00 start.

Finally, a Habs Leafs Game!!! It's been over a month.

This is what I want! The taste for a game like this, instead of playing the leafs 8x a season. Good on the league for reducing the games.

GO HABS GO!!!

I'm glad they reduced the number of games too, cause 7 wins over the Leafs still aren't worth the 1 loss to them :P

Anyone know the decision on who's starting between the pipes?

I was rather impressed with yesterday's effort. There were certainly a couple of defensive hiccups but all in all I think the Boys did a great job of responding to every Rangers' effort towards regaining control of the game. Nice to get some PP scores, too; hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

GO HABS GO!

GOLF LEAFS GOLF!

Anyone know the decision on who's starting between the pipes?

I was rather impressed with yesterday's effort. There were certainly a couple of defensive hiccups but all in all I think the Boys did a great job of responding to every Rangers' effort towards regaining control of the game. Nice to get some PP scores, too; hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

GO HABS GO!

GOLF LEAFS GOLF!

I can't see Denis starting, not after Halak's play last night. It would be nice for Halak to get some more work tonight and gain more confidence. He'll be a key player for us this year, even when Carey comes back. We need a confident Halak backing up Price the rest of the way.

twenty-six points shuffled off is enough at this point.

it may not appear on paper that the team played d last night, having given up so many shots, but at least the baby didn't fall out of the high chair, and in fact remained reasonably safe throughout the game. i think halak getting the role again, assuming there is no paper rolled to smack the dog {fill in who i mean} {{is laraque even playing?}} is reasonable. small d adjustments for the "infant's" behest is the name of the game.

Taking the momentum from last night's victory, we should be able to start strong and carry it through for 60 minutes, thus beating a weaker Leafs team.

have you been watching the Habs this season they don't carry momentum very offten

I have a feeling we will loose

only because The Habs have been playing great and the Leafs got ripped by Burke after the Florida game saying any player is tradeible

so I'm thinking they need to prove themselves after that comment.

I hope I'm wrong

cause I live in Toronto and I'm going out to watch the game with Leaf fans and I'm the only Hab fan

No matter what the context is, who's injured, or which team is playing better prior to the game, the Leafs always seem to give us trouble. I really hope that we can kick them while they're down tonight, in our building, just come out with a good effort, never let up, and capitalize on our scoring chances. On paper, there's no reason why we can't beat them handily.

If Montreal loses this game I will be very disappointed. Even worse, if that moron Grabovski has an important hand in the defeat then I will be super disappointed. We can't let wee Grabovski beat us like he did last time. We need to assert ourselves immediately and absolutely smash Toronto tonight. No letting up, no slowing down. I want to crush Toronto's morale, and I want Montreal to score a ton of points.

My GF is a leafs fan and I am a Habs fan so we made a bet that when ever they play the "looser" has to wear the winning teams jersey into work. It realy sucks for me cause the jersey that she has is a pink leafs one. I am not that small of a guy so I fill it out nicely.

:lol:

don't worry Habs will win. The only thing that sccares me a little is that we played last night and with the bad weather I have no idea at what time they got back (tired).

GO HABS GO!!

Leafs suck!

Grabovsky needs a haircut. :P

Archived