The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jamal Mayer Insult Habs.

LaurentHou

You're right, It's not an insult.

I've seen quite a few comments today about the Leafs gooning it up too.

They really didn't. Both teams seemed to want that type of game, and the fights that happened were mutual decisions.

It's true-the players seemed to want this...This is the way it is when you're rivals with about half to 3-quarters of a century of bad blood and history between you.

Well as much as I dislike the leafs, and as much as I like Tom Kostopolous, I must give Mayer credit, he tossed Kosto around like a rag doll.

true but kosto is always willing to answer the bell...and for that he has my respect...Now I wonder if mayers would be willing to answer to laraque...my guess is no but I really hope we see sometime this year...just think...sergei destroys grabs followed by laraque laying a beatdown on both may and mayers...at the same time :lol:

It's true-the players seemed to want this...This is the way it is when you're rivals with about half to 3-quarters of a century of bad blood and history between you.

This statement I disagree with....the fans in both buildings get a buzz on because its 2 Canadian teams being shown prime-time....the players know they're on stage so everything is notched up...what do these players have to do with all the tradition between these two teams ?...in the past maybe but not today ...Montreal fans like us to whip TO's behind and TO fans want the same only now TO needs Montreal as a measuring stick....let's face it we don't hear a peep out of the fans when it comes to the battle of Ontario any more because Ottawa's not competitive...what happened to that great rivalry? back then you didn't hear so much about Montreal because we weren't as competitive then as Ottawa...Toronto fans are going to make a big deal now out of this rivalry thing because they have nothing else to hang their hats on...the buzz thats created in EVERY game at the Bell is no different for a Toronto game...if the goons want to put on a show of course it'll be cranked up but the ACC is a library compared to the Bell...TO needs this to be a "Rivalry" a lot more than we do..Burke signed May for 2 reasons .create a little excitement for the Laff fans to look forward to and guarantee a tanked season and a shot at the lottery

This statement I disagree with....the fans in both buildings get a buzz on because its 2 Canadian teams being shown prime-time....the players know they're on stage so everything is notched up...what do these players have to do with all the tradition between these two teams ?...in the past maybe but not today ...Montreal fans like us to whip TO's behind and TO fans want the same only now TO needs Montreal as a measuring stick....let's face it we don't hear a peep out of the fans when it comes to the battle of Ontario any more because Ottawa's not competitive...what happened to that great rivalry? back then you didn't hear so much about Montreal because we weren't as competitive then as Ottawa...Toronto fans are going to make a big deal now out of this rivalry thing because they have nothing else to hang their hats on...the buzz thats created in EVERY game at the Bell is no different for a Toronto game...if the goons want to put on a show of course it'll be cranked up but the ACC is a library compared to the Bell...TO needs this to be a "Rivalry" a lot more than we do..Burke signed May for 2 reasons .create a little excitement for the Laff fans to look forward to and guarantee a tanked season and a shot at the lottery

Someone has been following the Brian Burke show very closely.

Archived