The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

100 Years, 100 Stars - Cbc Program

bailey1

Caught the show,was very interesting.

George,the great die-hard fan he is,well done tribute to the Montreal Canadiens & the city of Montreal ,Quebec.

Some great history there,the interviews with past & present players.

I enjoyed the tribute to the habs,thanks George for putting together a great special.

Hapy 100 yrs,GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

It's funny, but I find myself having a great deal of respect for people who's names end in "opoulos".

I may have to go greek.

Caught the show. While it did focus a little too much on Montreal culture to satisfy the hockey fan in me, it was interesting to learn some things regarding the history and culture of the city I hadn't known.

It did make me proud to be Canadian et Canadien!

It's funny, but I find myself having a great deal of respect for people who's names end in "opoulos".

I may have to go greek.

Caught the show. While it did focus a little too much on Montreal culture to satisfy the hockey fan in me, it was interesting to learn some things regarding the history and culture of the city I hadn't known.

It did make me proud to be Canadian et Canadien!

Yes,i notice that to with the hockey culture and all,but anytime i can learn more of habs history,it's all good. :D

I didnt like how they talked about music festivals and singers throughout a lot of it.

My favorite part was when Viggo Mortensen said that he wore his habs shirt underneath his "Aragorn" outfit while he played in Lord of the rings and how the shirt was able to give him an extra boost to wield the sword.

I caught the show last night and hope to see it again this evening. I really thought that it was informative and well presented. I found out things last night that I had not know before. I would recommend the program to not only any Canadiens fan, but any Canadian.

he should replace don cherry.

Honestly, I despised George during his MM days, but since he started on "The Hour", he's always been composed, intelligent and an effective communicator. When he sits down to talk to somebody, you get the sense that he actually knows what he is talking about and legitimately cares about what the other person has to say. A lot of interviews tend to be robotic and George Strombolopoulos is a huge improvement over Rex Murphy for hosting specials and documentaries.

He doesn't have the hockey knowledge to replace Cherry, (I don't believe) but he is a great asset to the CBC for just about any other forum.

Honestly, I despised George during his MM days, but since he started on "The Hour", he's always been composed, intelligent and an effective communicator. When he sits down to talk to somebody, you get the sense that he actually knows what he is talking about and legitimately cares about what the other person has to say. A lot of interviews tend to be robotic and George Strombolopoulos is a huge improvement over Rex Murphy for hosting specials and documentaries.

He doesn't have the hockey knowledge to replace Cherry, (I don't believe) but he is a great asset to the CBC for just about any other forum.

The guy is definitely intelligent, and prepares diligently for shows. He actually does a nationwide radio show on the Corus network on Sundays and although I don't really listen to it due to lack of liking the music, he always seems well prepared.

I think The Hour is a very unique type of show. It's the type of show you'd see on CNN but has this laid back feel o it that makes it more entertaining and appealing to younger people. It's not a good show if you expect hard hitting questions or anything, but is a fun show to watch.

And how a Canadian show gets the high profile American guests he does, I'll never know.

I enjoyed the doc, but it felt a bit "rushed" to me. Perhaps if they had made it a bit longer they could have gotten more in depth. Enjoyable, but it seemed to just "touch on" a lot of things. Either way, glad I checked it out... can never have enough Habs!

I enjoyed the doc, but it felt a bit "rushed" to me. Perhaps if they had made it a bit longer they could have gotten more in depth. Enjoyable, but it seemed to just "touch on" a lot of things. Either way, glad I checked it out... can never have enough Habs!

Yeah, I agree. Way too much stuff getting packed into an hour long show. I would have rather watched it over the span of a mini-series or something. 3 or 4 episodes. You were at the forum, then you were finding out about Lafleur, and then back to Richard riots, and the Patrick Roy retirement night, etc. etc. etc. It was pretty rushed.

• 2 months later...
I didnt like how they talked about music festivals and singers throughout a lot of it.

My favorite part was when Viggo Mortensen said that he wore his habs shirt underneath his "Aragorn" outfit while he played in Lord of the rings and how the shirt was able to give him an extra boost to wield the sword.

that just made my week! :lol: fantastic....

Archived