The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sining At The Bell Centre

kristinoem7

Been to a few games at the Bell Centre this year and watched every other one on TV and I have to say there is one thing that bothers me. It's not the singing "Ole Ole"...per se but the timing they sing it. I was under the impression that the song was used primarily for celebrating a lead or a win. When we're leading I'll sing along but when we're tied or down I notice the fans still sing, or chant this. If we're trying to rally up the team I'd prefer to go with the, "Go Habs Go!" chant. For me, "Nah nah nah naah..." and "Ole, Ole, Ole, Oleeee..." go hand in hand.

Whenever you feel like it.. You start the chant..

If it catches on.. Then guess what everyone will start doing it..

Try it next time @ the local bar :)

Hahaha that is so true though, on boxing day we had about 40-50 people chanting in a cramped up bar!! keep in mind this is southern ontario so its leaf country!! I WAS SO PROUD!

OLE is not a celebration song.. Its not like good bye.. Its more like GO Habs Go.. Its just a fun song to sing when we are happy.. We sing it before the puck drops sometimes..

If it seems like we singing in dying minutes of a winning game more.. thats because we are always happy at that point.

I've got a megaphone that sings a version of the ole song (the megaphone sings "oleeee oleoleole, we are the best, we are the best"... Close enough for me). I shall be attempting to get it into the Bell on February 7th vs the leafs. If successful, you should expect to hear the song early and often. :lol: oleoleolole!

Been to a few games at the Bell Centre this year and watched every other one on TV and I have to say there is one thing that bothers me. It's not the singing "Ole Ole"...per se but the timing they sing it. I was under the impression that the song was used primarily for celebrating a lead or a win. When we're leading I'll sing along but when we're tied or down I notice the fans still sing, or chant this. If we're trying to rally up the team I'd prefer to go with the, "Go Habs Go!" chant. For me, "Nah nah nah naah..." and "Ole, Ole, Ole, Oleeee..." go hand in hand.

Let me ask you a simple question. Are you only a Habsfan while the team is winning or everytime no matter the score? With the "Ole" song you're showing you're a fan of this great franchise. The "Ole" song celebrates the team, the whole organization and each and everyone of the greatest hockey fans in North America. "Go Habs Go" is a nice chant but nearly every team hast its own "Go team Go" chant. The "Ole" song is something special which stands for the Habs. Enjoy it and sing along next time no matter the score. You're part of something special that all of us can be proud of.

Archived