• Easy win for the Habs
    • Difficult win for the Habs
    • Easy win for the Thrashers
    • Difficult win for the Thrashers

Tuesday December 20 2009, 7 PM

PHILIPS ARENA IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA

22433378.JPG

mtl.png@ atl.png

Habs: 44 GP, 27 W, 11L, 6 OTL, 60 Pts, 4th in the East. On the road 12-7-2, last 10 8-2-0.

Thrashers: 46 GP, 16 W, 25 L, 5 OTL, 37 Pts, 14th in the East. At home: 8-13-2, last 10 4-5-1.

Historical stats: GP 33, 22 Habs Wins, 9 Thrashers Wins, 2 Ties. Last Game (December 2 2008, Bell Center): Habs won 5-4, goals scored by D'Agostini, Plekanec, Markov, A. Kostitsyn, Lang (Montreal); Hainsey (2), Thorburn and Williams (Atlanta).

Projected Goaltenders:

Jaroslav Halak 11-7-1, SV % .907, GAA 2,80. Career VS Atlanta 0-1-0.

610x.jpg

Or:

Carey Price 16-4-5, SV% .921, GAA 2,30. Career VS Atlanta 1-0-0

carey-price-game1.jpg

Kari Lehtonen 7-12-2, SV % .903, GAA 3,20. VS Habs in career 3-3-0, 1 OTL

610x.jpg

Key Players:

Robert Lang 16 G, 20 A, 36 P. Career vs Atlanta: 11 G, 23 A, 34 P.

610x.jpg

Ilya Kovalchuk 19 G, 29 A, 48 P. Career vs Habs 7G, 12A, 19 P.

hockeykovalchuck.jpg

Habs Lines:

Hamrlik-Gorges
Brisebois-Bouillon
Komisarek-Markov

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev
A.Kostitsyn-Lang-S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Bégin-D'Agostini

Injured: Tanguay, Dandenault, Koivu, Laraque, Higgins.

GO HABS GO!

Great job on GDT! So it's looking like Price may be playing one of these games before the break, possibly. We'll see. Hopefully Atlanta has used up their ammunition (goals) over their last couple games ( 11) and shoot blanks vs Habs. Let's be up for this game and have a big effort and end up with the 'W'. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!

great thread! i love the pics - especially of lang taking out chara.

and what's up with their arena? at first i thought it looked pretty nice until i realized it looks like there's police tape around the front and debris everywhere. nice. :P

i'd like to see more of the first two periods against ottawa and nothing of the third. if they play like they should...well, we know what happens. :)

great GDT! This should be an easy win for the habs but against crappy teams the habs tend to play down to there level. hopefully price is back halak i think is getting fatigued. i predict a 6-4 habs win. a.kostitsyn continues his point scoring sreak with 1 goal and 2 assists. each of his linemates with a goal

great GDT! This should be an easy win for the habs but against crappy teams the habs tend to play down to there level. hopefully price is back halak i think is getting fatigued. i predict a 6-4 habs win. a.kostitsyn continues his point scoring sreak with 1 goal and 2 assists. each of his linemates with a goal
Thrashers tend to score in bunches (e.g., 7 goals on Sunday). Hopefully, that's done them for the week. :lol: I just want Habs to go a real tear now ... Bruins have two easy games next, but then a really tough stretch of 9 games where they are only playing tough teams. Time for the Bruins to lose a few, come back down to earth. ;)

... and you based that on one sub par period?

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Back to back with one on Wednesday and then a loooong break again.

Wasn't impressed with the need for the shootout on the weekend against the Sens. Hopefully the Boys can seal the deal in 60 minutes and take 2 points.

GO HABS GO!

great thread! i love the pics - especially of lang taking out chara.

and what's up with their arena? at first i thought it looked pretty nice until i realized it looks like there's police tape around the front and debris everywhere. nice. :P

i'd like to see more of the first two periods against ottawa and nothing of the third. if they play like they should...well, we know what happens. :)

You know what's strange? I didn't notice that. I thought it was only a nice pic of the Arena; OOOPSS... :P

Habs never have an easy win vs. easy teams.

Blues made some crazy impossible comeback to win in the SO. :D

I'll say!!: story ...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2008020677

Bruins lose at home (again). Starting to clench their sticks at home a bit?

Bruins "lose a point". So that's good. They play the Leafs on Wednesday. I had a line on tickets for that game, but couldn't muster the interest -- the two teams I "hate" the most!! :D I'd be cheering for the Leafs of course, but it would still hurt :lol: , so I gave it a pass.

After that game against the Leafs, here is the Bruins schedule (wowser!!):

Tue Jan 27, 2009 WASHINGTON

Thu Jan 29, 2009 NEW JERSEY

Sat Jan 31, 2009 NY RANGERS

Sun Feb 1, 2009 MONTREAL

Wed Feb 4, 2009 PHILADELPHIA

Thu Feb 5, 2009 OTTAWA (a 'rest game'
:D
)

Sat Feb 7, 2009 PHILADELPHIA

Tue Feb 10, 2009 SAN JOSE

Fri Feb 13, 2009 NEW JERSEY

Other than the Ottawa game, the other 8 games are all against teams in the top 10 in the entire NHL, all of them clearly heading to the play-offs. If the Bruins can do really well in that stretch, then they deserve first place in the Conference. But I see a little "stall" coming into their game coming right up. Here's hoping, anyway! :D

Let's go Habs!! Get ready to start closing the gap, turning the screws (as Koivu, Price, Higgins return!) YES!!

That Julien kills me!! (or maybe it is Chiarelli?):

• Ward missing since Montreal game (how long is that now?) with 'only' a charley horse (?!?) Yeah, I don't think so. :rolleyes:
  • Fernandez was out for a while with "sore muscles" :lol: . Dressed today, but still didn't play. Some people in Boston say he wants to be traded, wants to be #1 somewhere.
  • Lucic was a game time decision per Julien against Montreal (yeah right!) :blink: -- didn't play then, hasn't played since. Boston media speculating he has a separated shoulder.
  • Bergeron "hoping to be back soon"; he's "skating" (yes, so were the kids on the pond on the weekend -- they were "skating" too). I am not sure Bergeron is coming back anytime soon.
  • Sturm gone for the season, although I don't think the Club has acknowledged that as yet.

Damn Boston can't lose, they were down 2-1 4 mins left and are now winning 3-2 against the blues

So much for gaining some ground

wow. a 2-1 game became 5-4 with 4min left?! :blink:

what a game that musta been.

edit: i should say, 4-4.

You know what's strange? I didn't notice that. I thought it was only a nice pic of the Arena; OOOPSS... :P

:lol: it's kind of like the thrashers as an organization: they've got kovalchuk so you think everything's nice but if you look closely, it's a disaster. :D

I predict a win for the habs and if we can pull off a win against the devils we could get on a really nice winning streak. According to habsinsideout.com ... Price, Koivu, and Higgins will be making the road trip to both games. Unconfirmed that they will be played but I can see all 3 of them in the lineup either tomorrow or wed, Great News to hear.

I predict a win for the habs and if we can pull off a win against the devils we could get on a really nice winning streak. According to habsinsideout.com ... Price, Koivu, and Higgins will be making the road trip to both games. Unconfirmed that they will be played but I can see all 3 of them in the lineup either tomorrow or wed, Great News to hear.
My guess is Price will back-up Halak tomorrow, and play on Wednesday against NJD. Koivu and Higgins, I would expect for one game only (as well) -- no point risking things on back-to-backs, especially when the team is playing well enough. So, hopefully, it is all three on Wednesday! Then rest!! (while the Bruins sit and stare at their upcoming schedule -- jeepers!!).

Archived