The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

All Star Game

GreekHockeyCoach

Seeing as how this all star game is special, hosted in Montreal in our 100th season, I felt a gameday thread was in order to discuss the game as it goes on just like we do for the Habs' games.

all_starbanner_82591.jpg

At le Centre Bell

bell-center.jpg

Starting lineup for the east

8471675.jpg

SIDNEY CROSBY

CENTER - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

8471215.jpg

EVGENI MALKIN

CENTER - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

8458529.jpg

ALEXEI KOVALEV (CAPTAIN FOR THE EAST)

RIGHT WING - MONTREAL CANADIENS

8467496.jpg

ANDREI MARKOV

DEFENSE - MONTREAL CANADIENS

8469460.jpg

MIKE KOMISAREK

DEFENSE - MONTREAL CANADIENS

8471679.jpg

CAREY PRICE

GOALIE - MONTREAL CANADIENS

Reserves - Eastern Conference

Goaltenders

Henrik Lundqvist - New York Rangers

Tim Thomas - Boston Bruins

Defencemen

Jay Bouwmeester - Florida Panthers

Zdeno Chara - Boston Bruins

Tomas Kaberle - Toronto Maple Leafs

Mark Streit - New York Islanders

Forwards

Jeff Carter - Philadelphia Flyers

Dany Heatley - Ottawa Senators

Ilya Kovalchuk - Atlanta Thrashers

Vincent Lecavalier - Tampa Bay Lightning

Alexander Ovechkin - Washington Capitals

Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils

Marc Savard - Boston Bruins

Eric Staal - Carolina Hurricanes

Thomas Vanek - Buffalo Sabres

as_hdr.jpg

Starting lineup for the west

8474141.jpg

PATRICK KANE

RIGHT WING - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

8473604.jpg

JONATHAN TOEWS

CENTER - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

8470612.jpg

RYAN GETZLAF

CENTER - ANAHEIM DUCKS

8466285.jpg

BRIAN CAMPBELL

DEFENSE - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

8458517.jpg

SCOTT NIEDERMAYER

DEFENSE - ANAHEIM DUCKS

8462044.jpg

JEAN-SEBASTIEN GIGUERE

GOALIE - ANAHEIM DUCKS

Reserves - Western Conference

Goaltenders

Niklas Backstrom - Minnesota Wild

Roberto Luongo - Vancouver Canucks

Defencemen

Dan Boyle - San Jose Sharks

* Nicklas Lidstrom - Detroit Red Wings

Stephane Robidas - Dallas Stars

Sheldon Souray - Edmonton Oilers

Shea Weber - Nashville Predators

Forwards

Dustin Brown - Los Angeles Kings

** Pavel Datsyuk - Detroit Red Wings

Shane Doan - Phoenix Coyotes

Milan Hejduk - Colorado Avalanche

Jarome Iginla - Calgary Flames

Patrick Marleau - San Jose Sharks

Mike Modano - Dallas Stars

Rick Nash - Columbus Blue Jackets

Joe Thornton - San Jose Sharks (CAPTAIN FOR THE WEST)

Keith Tkachuk - St. Louis Blues

* - Lidstrom replaced by Robidas due to injury

** - Datsyuk replaced by Marleau due to injury

Seeing as how this all star game is special, hosted in Montreal in our 100th season, I felt a gameday thread was in order to discuss the game as it goes on just like we do for the Habs' games.

That's exactly why I had added it in the GDT calendar thread (even if I had the wrong dates :lol: ) I'm ready for the weekend, tickets and #79 all star jersey 'in hand'. :D

thanks for the thread! despite that it means nothing the city will be buzzing this weekend, and that's a lot of fun. :)

also nice to catch a game where i can relax and enjoy and not stress about the outcome.

congrats to kovy for being named captain and to the rest of the habs and the fans who voted them in. whether people feel they deserve to be there or not, it'll be a memorable weekend and the canadiens as an organization never fail to do us proud.

i'm ready to show the stars who are afraid to come here just how special it is in this beautiful city. :D

question??? i dont know this, but is ther a "trade freeze" during this break?

thx

none that i know of but nor do i recall hearing of any allstar game trades. i guess 'cause everyone's on vacation. ;)

can someone like post a list of the players that are going to be participating in the events.. pls

here's a link to the article that talks about the events and the players involved (it's not in list form so i won't cut and paste it): nhl.com

personal highlight (ovy on the breakaway competition): "We have some good guys in it this year," Ovechkin said. "I want to see what Kovalev will do. Of course I like Russians, but he has some sick moves. And he is at home, with his fans." :)

personal highlight (ovy on the breakaway competition): "We have some good guys in it this year," Ovechkin said. "I want to see what Kovalev will do. Of course I like Russians, but he has some sick moves. And he is at home, with his fans." :)

Couldnt agree with Ovy more :) It will be a great time, having a few friends over to have a drinking game to the skills competition :P.

the fans of this great franchise didnt vote saku into the game and thats disappointing, it would have been nice for him to be apart of this in montreal after he stayed with the city through so much garbage

Yes,would have been great & deserving to have had our captain celebrate the all-star game,at home at the bell center. :(

SID THE KID PULLS OUT

the fans of this great franchise didnt vote saku into the game and thats disappointing, it would have been nice for him to be apart of this in montreal after he stayed with the city through so much garbage

either we didn't vote enough or other fans figured out a way to crack the code. i'm pretty disappointed he won't be there as well. it would've been nice to repay him for all he's done for this team.

although knowing koivu, he would've said yes and now is the time to heal. :(

here's a link to the article that talks about the events and the players involved (it's not in list form so i won't cut and paste it): nhl.com

Thx

Kovalev's captain of the east :) and Thornton for west

anyone attend the jamboree?...if so, how was it???

Yeah, I attended today.

I was quite dissapointed, honestly. Maybe it's because I went on a Thursday, the first day, but I looked around, and yes there was all the trophies, and some neat things to look at, some games, and tsn! But The signing's aren't that great, only one person per two hours, and they were all old timers! I don't mind that at all, just a bit dissapointing.

Reason # 427 on why I like Ovechkin so much. (Very) Often has something nice to say about other players / teams.

All-Star game and the competitions are all right up Kovalev's alley (well, except for the fastest skater). I wouldn't be surprised if he really shines.

Due to injury concerns...MARTIN ST.LOUIS will be crosby's replacement.
... well, that and the Penguins current placement in the standings. It's not looking like Therrien will be throwing any games this year, as the Pens finish of the regular season. ;)

A little ironic, I suppose, Pens Marketing Department taking over the All-Star voting in order to get Crosby voted in, and now they have to tell him he can't go. :D ("But you guys insisted that I had to be the one going! That's why you organized all those cell phone votes! :lol: )

Somebody asked for this? if something is changed or inaccurate, please quote and correct. :)

Hardest Shot :

Chara

Souray

Streit

Lecavalier

Komisarek

Weber

Fastest Skater :

Carter (Jeff)

Parise

Campbell

Bouwmeester

Breakaway Challenge :

Ovechkin

Kovalev

Getzlaf

Kane

CROSBY (No longer participating)

Accuracy Shooting :

Toews

Kovalchuk

Kaberle

Iginla

Heatley

Malkin

Modano

Savard

Elimination Shootout :

Every player - Elimination Rules

I say Kovy tries to score blindfolded on the breakaway challenge :D

and Komi in the hardest shot challege? man they should add a "hardest hit" challege to the competition. They can bring in Avery. Tootoo and Ruutu and let Komi, chara and Phaneuf (why didnt he make it???) hit them...5 bonus points for each broken bone :D :D

Archived