The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ray At In Again In Rusian

Phatz

"According to reports, Emery attacked his own team's physical therapist, after the therapist asked him to put on a baseball cap to protect his head, which was hot and sweaty. Emery was pulled after letting in three goals in the first period of Atlant's defeat at Lokomotiv Yaroslavl."

As your Mom used to say, Ray, 'use your words' (even if it is raked with Russian expletives). :D

People don't just change like that, if hes an aggressive trouble-maker, I don't see how shipping him off to Russia will really help.

Hes a good goalie, and eventually someone will either wisen up or be desperate enough to sign him.

I think I understand the point you're making, but I always understood he shipped himself off. The Sens had said they put the NHL advert out that he was available for a song ... they didn't get a single phone call. As the song goes "banish-aed", a la Avery.

My guess is we'll not see him in the NHL again. Not worth the chance.

People don't just change like that, if hes an agreesive trouble-maker, I don't see how shipping him off to Russia will really help.

Hes a good goalie, and eventually someone will either wisen up or be desperate enough to sign him.

True, true.

Not to mention, it might be even more likely that he starts getting into trouble because of the language barrier of where he plays. It's not like his social network is going to be the same now that he's in Russia as opposed to Canada. It might be something that gets him frustrated over time. He seemed to be the type of guy who like to have a good time, and I wonder if he has the same amount of socialability in Russia... :huh:

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second...I'm going to give Ray Emery the benefit of the doubt and walk in his shoes for a moment.

Picture this if you will...Your a former starter in the NHL, now starting in an upstart Russian League, that has just as questionable if not more so a reputation than Emery's...You're having a bad game and you get pulled as a result...You try explaining to the trainer that: "No,you don't want a ball cap on your head right no..." He tries to put the ball cap on you...wait a minute, did I hear that correctly...A grown man is trying to put a ball cap on another grown man's head? What is this kindergarten? Nope pro-hockey, supposedly...I'm sorry, but if a grown man comes near me and tries to put something on me that I've clearly said no to, I'm defending myself too...In any other work place, what their trainer did is called harassment and you can get fired for it...As far as I'm concerned, Emery was defending himself...But because it's Emery and he has a reputation, he's the one who gets the blame...

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second...I'm going to give Ray Emery the benefit of the doubt and walk in his shoes for a moment.

Picture this if you will...Your a former starter in the NHL, now starting in an upstart Russian League, that has just as questionable if not more so a reputation than Emery's...You're having a bad game and you get pulled as a result...You try explaining to the trainer that: "No,you don't want a ball cap on your head right no..." He tries to put the ball cap on you...wait a minute, did I hear that correctly...A grown man is trying to put a ball cap on another grown man's head? What is this kindergarten? Nope pro-hockey, supposedly...I'm sorry, but if a grown man comes near me and tries to put something on me that I've clearly said no to, I'm defending myself too...In any other work place, what their trainer did is called harassment and you can get fired for it...As far as I'm concerned, Emery was defending himself...But because it's Emery and he has a reputation, he's the one who gets the blame...

I agree Mojo, hes an emotional guy, life sucks for him right now, and he just had a bad game, the last thing he needs is some guy trying to put a hat on his head.

Archived