The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Los Angeles @ Our Boys| Sat Jan 31 2pm

habs-24

When ever we meet the Kings we always think of June 1993 and remember those magical memories and thats the way it will always be

gt1oe0.jpg

Kings: 20-20-7 sitting 12th in West

on a 3 game roll

scored 122

allowed 133

7-9-1 away from staples

CH: 27-15-6 5th

4 game futility streak

149 potted

137 against

15-4-4 at the Bell

There isnt much i can add that hasnt been said over the past few days and nights around here, things are a mess right now there are many issues of concern. we are 6pts ahead of the final playoff spot im not sure when the guys are going to realize that

Thanks for opening a new GDT. Hopefully, whatever the issues are with this team, have been addressed, everyone is on the same page, and can play some inspired hockey now. No team is a pushover, so i hope the boy's come out to play, as a team, with effort and pride for each other ( if nothing else ) LET'S GO HABS!!!!!!!! BEAT THESE KINGS!!!!!!!!

Projected lines as per TSN,

Forwards:

Pacioretty - Koivu - D'Agostini

Begin - Lang - Kovalev

Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Latendresse

Defence:

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Bouillon - Gorges

Goaltender:

Price

Halak

ROFL Carbo has no idea!

Lighten up. The guys worked their asses off to keep winning while key personnel were injured. They probably figured they could relax a bit now that those guys are back. In the meantime, these guys aren't in mid-season form yet. It'll come together.

Hey, there probably is no Jesus Price.

Now stop worrying,

And enjoy the game.

Demon

I can see what he is trying to do. He wants a Kostopolus type player on each line. A guy who is defensively responcible and will go into the corners and dig for pucks. Perhaps it's best for the team to get back to basics.

We can all see what he's trying to do. I just don't feel that he's going about it the right way. He needs to start benching the players that are not performing, no matter who they are or how long they've been in the league. Carbo has been babying his veterans all year and it's time to put a stop to that.

Lighten up. The guys worked their asses off to keep winning while key personnel were injured. They probably figured they could relax a bit now that those guys are back. In the meantime, these guys aren't in mid-season form yet. It'll come together.

Hey, there probably is no Jesus Price.

Now stop worrying,

And enjoy the game.

Demon

Even more reason to send those who were injured packing!!

But Greek, now there's a, "Worker on every line." :D

I'm sure Begin is going to help get us out of our funk, right? :lol:

I'm officially starting the, "I want Kovalev and Koivu together," Bandwagon... Again.

I don't know JR but this is starting to get real frustrating for us fans. What happened to good old fashioned benchings for the players that don't work.

But Greek, now there's a, "Worker on every line." :D

I'm sure Begin is going to help get us out of our funk, right? :lol:

I'm officially starting the, "I want Kovalev and Koivu together," Bandwagon... Again.

Funny thing is that when we needed a spark during many a game that Begin line was always the one working hard and forechecking teams in their own end..

Funny thing is that when we needed a spark during many a game that Begin line was always the one working hard and forechecking teams in their own end..

No one is disagreeing with that, bench the players that don't work. Bench all your superstars and just play the grinders. It's a much better message than to just create insane lines like this.

We can all see what he's trying to do. I just don't feel that he's going about it the right way. He needs to start benching the players that are not performing, no matter who they are or how long they've been in the league. Carbo has been babying his veterans all year and it's time to put a stop to that.

What players do you feel are not working? I think Kovalev has been working pretty hard the last two games. Koivu has not been to bad. Lang has been ok. I feel this need to send the vets a message is a bit overblown.

What? This is just wrong, common Guy, what are you thinking?

Those were the lines at practice today but Guy said he has not finalized his game lineup for tomorrow.

I don't know JR but this is starting to get real frustrating for us fans. What happened to good old fashioned benchings for the players that don't work.

According to those lines, Serge-i would watch the game from the press box. He has to dress 20 guys afterall.

Even more reason to send those who were injured packing!!

'zactly ....well maybe not send them packing but make them earn their icetime in game situations

Higgins, Hammer, Pleks, Sergei, Andrei, Gorges, take your pick.

You can't really bench Hamerlik. The defense is to thing. You could bench Pleks, but hes not really a vet at this point. Sergei and Andrei K are nowhere near being vets. Georges can't really be sat either (see Hamerlik). I believe all the palyers you mentioned need to pick up their games, but I don't consider most of them vets. I consider them works in progress.

Archived