The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Pittsburgh @ Montreal | Tuesday, February 3rd | 7:30pm Est

RicochetII

Hopefully they'll be together for the rest of the year. At some point they will rekindle the old magic that made them one of the best lines in the NHL last year.

yeah, i mean, the have to eventually, right? I also feel like Higgy, Dagger and Captain K will be a dynamic line tonight, I always push for Markov to play a solid offensive game, and i thnk tonight he gets at least two apples and maybe even a goal.

It's too bad we have to dress a journeyman defenseman as an enforcer on the forward lines, but at least we have someone who can stand up to the other team's heavyweight.

Too bad we can't bring Mike Flinn up.

He makes Henry look like a choirboy.

The Mike Flinn that I pulled up is 35 yrs old , but the Ryan Flinn I also looked up is 28, 6'5, and 230#......he might be worth a look sometime.

no time to ***** n moan.get back on da horse and win,win win. we lose lang and the world's over?

c'mon,remember,this club rises to the occasion with injuries.heck we were on a roll without koivu,higgins,tanguay. goes to show ya,the patching works.if the staff can keep these guys from being distracted,there's no darn reeason why the boys can't get back to their winning ways.just gotta tweek n adjust again is all.

this teem is too deep not to make the post season :D

we will rise to the call again.be patient hab fans!!

I think Henry knows that this "may" be his chance to prove to prove himself. At least I hope so. This team needs some toughness. It would have been nice to see someone step up to Gauthier, after his dirty hit on Gorges.

be nice to see him play more than 8mins

I have a good feeling about this game. I'm encouraged by Kovy's comments from this morning (RDS zone vidéo or Habs I/O), I know we've heard the same old same old from him before but he really sounds like he gets it (IMHO). I lost count of how many times he said "I have to do my job" and "I have to play better".

Anyway, GO HABS GO! :D

no time to ***** n moan.get back on da horse and win,win win. we lose lang and the world's over?

c'mon,remember,this club rises to the occasion with injuries.heck we were on a roll without koivu,higgins,tanguay. goes to show ya,the patching works.if the staff can keep these guys from being distracted,there's no darn reeason why the boys can't get back to their winning ways.just gotta tweek n adjust again is all.

this teem is too deep not to make the post season :D

we will rise to the call again.be patient hab fans!!

Your signature is awesome! Nice job!

Ok... I keep seeing the words "barbershop jersey" on the Official Habs site where they mention the Pens Habs game. Please tell me they're not wearing the striped jersey again. :blink:

I have a good feeling about this game. I'm encouraged by Kovy's comments from this morning (RDS zone vidéo or Habs I/O), I know we've heard the same old same old from him before but he really sounds like he gets it (IMHO). I lost count of how many times he said "I have to do my job" and "I have to play better".

Lets hope you're right. We need him now more than ever.

We've had Lang working all season and before him we had Tanguay doing well... Now that both are out, we need Kovy to fall into place.

Uh...do we have a depleted lineup?

AK46 - Pleky - Kovy

D'Agger - Koivu - Patches

Higgins - Lapps - TK

SK 74 - Begin - *****

Markov - Komo

Hamr - O'B

Frank - Henry

**** = ????Who else do we have to play forward that isn't injured???

Have we called up anyone?

No we haven't called anyone up, Henry will play forward and I'm guessing Gorges will play.

Lines per TSN:

Projected Lines vs. Penguins

Forwards:

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - D'Agostini

Pacioretty - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

Henry - Begin - Kostopoulos

Defence:

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Gorges

Scratch: Brisebois (lower body injury)

Goaltender:

Price

I really like these lines. Henry has good size that can be used well on the fourth line. Lapierre and Paciorietty seem like a good fit. I think the top two lines will come alive tonight.

GO HABS GO...

Here's to the habs,and Kovy #27 ,just bring it :D

I'm just curious, are we allowed to soak our players in vinegar overnight?

No Brisebois as well now. Guess we don't have to disagree with Carb's choice of scratches for the game. Still find it odd we didn't call at least one player up. We have a two day break after tonight, so I guess we will see what happens tomorrow and Thursday.

For some reason I'm really antsy for this game to start... I guess I'm just curious to see how they'll decide to play tonight. 60, minutes boys.

GO HABS, GO!

Archived