The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hockey Day In Canada

Kubby31

I for one have always enjoyed looking forward to Hockey day in canada.

Tuning into cbc with Ron Maclean ,Kelly Rudy among others & catching hockey related stories from around small-town hockey arenas/backyard rinks in canada,the roots of hockey.

For anyone like myself that can't get enough of watching hockey,i find this day enjoyable,great day to just relax,tune everyone out :lol: and watch some good o'l canadian hockey.

Here's the all canadian match ups; Ottawa vs Montreal

Vancouver vs Toronto

Calgary vs Edmonton

I will pick Montreal,Vancouver & Calgary to win their games...GOHABSGO :D

i'm a pretty big fan of the day too. :)

a full day of hockey with friends and more than a few beverages. what's not to like? :D

and for those interested:

date: feb 21st

habs gametime: 3pm.

first game back after a six game road trip won't be easy. i don't have fond memories of playing the sens in the afternoon.

i will be looking for the canucks to smoke the leafs and the battle of edmonton is always a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to this day every season! I love all the stories, anecdotes and vignettes revolving around the sport of hockey in Canada, and what it means to the country. I was quite miffed at the NHL schedulers last season - I believe they dropped the ball and forgot to schedule an all-Canadian matchup. Don't remember which team got the shaft, but I know one of the matchups had an American team.

I look forward to this day every season! I love all the stories, anecdotes and vignettes revolving around the sport of hockey in Canada, and what it means to the country. I was quite miffed at the NHL schedulers last season - I believe they dropped the ball and forgot to schedule an all-Canadian matchup. Don't remember which team got the shaft, but I know one of the matchups had an American team.

Hey,good pick up on that. :lol:

You are right,they slipped in detroit ,who played the leafs.

Wonder what that was about.

Hey,good pick up on that. :lol:

You are right,they slipped in detroit ,who played the leafs.

Wonder what that was about.

It wasn't a slip-up - the Northwest & Northeast divisions didn't meet at all last season, so they had to bring in a couple American teams to fill out the day.

I'll probably only get to see one game tomorrow (unless the HHOF has the early game playing on a TV somewhere) but I'll get to see it live! I'm excited to see Sundin play in a Canucks jersey at the ACC. :D

It wasn't a slip-up - the Northwest & Northeast divisions didn't meet at all last season, so they had to bring in a couple American teams to fill out the day.

I'll probably only get to see one game tomorrow (unless the HHOF has the early game playing on a TV somewhere) but I'll get to see it live! I'm excited to see Sundin play in a Canucks jersey at the ACC. :D

Yea,seeing him in those colors at the ACC will be odd for the die-hard sundin/leaf fans,i would think.

Wonder if he receives a warmmmmmm welcome? :lol:

If it wasn't for the habs playing today (or the fact that it's 4 hours round trip). I almost went to Plaster Rock, NB for the world pond hockey tournament today to celebrate hockey day in Canada. Apparently they have something like 20 games going on at the sme time on this large lake.

Do they have the stanley cup out there,on site.

If so.would be even worth making the 4hrs trip,be cool to get picture with cup. :D

Archived