The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Is It Time To Blow It All Up?

hockey_gal89

Is it time to strip the team down and start over?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to strip the team down and start over?

• Yes
    • No

no not yet. but it is close. there could/should b a few changes but not a complete blow up.... we have seen glimpses of brilliance and some of disater..

i feel that something is gonna change but what? and who? staff or players?

have the players stopped with Carbo or the other way?

is there a cancer in the room?

i think we are 1 good trade away...

After 5 years... :(

NO franchise player.

NO bonified 1st line.

NO progress in the post-season.

I'm sorry, but Gainey might be in risk of losing his job, and this team might be in risk of starting over. At least we have a good core of young players to start from... I just feel it's some of the veterans that haven't been able to help us over the top. There comes a point where you need to make decisions. Sign guys long-term, or let them go because you don't think they can lead the team in the future. I don't know if I feel comfortable with guys like Komisarek, Higgins, and Plekanec taking the reigns in the coming years. That's just me.

There's not a chance in hell of tanking all the way down to John Tavarez level.

What we can do, trade:

Alex Kovalev

Saku Koivu

Mike Komisarek

Roman Hamrlik

possibly: Alex Tanguay if he waives the NTC

Each of those could fetch a 1st rounder at least. Between those 4 at the top I think we could get 4 1st rounder and maybe 4 additional pieces, where a piece is anything else of minor value such as a 5th round draft pick. We would have between 4 and 6 1st rounders which we could use to draft offensive forwards especially CENTERS or we could move up in the draft.

Here are a few stats I compiled while getting really drunk after being at the terrible showing in Calgary with 15000 flames fans :(

Since probably the high point of the season early January, when habs beat Washington to ensure Carbonneau in the all star game,

Games Played 13

Record 4 wins

9 losses

0 OT losses

GF: 32 avg: 2.46

GA: 50 avg: 3.85

Number of times habs scored first: 5

Number of games habs score 2 or less goals: 8

Number of games habs allowed 3 or more goals: 11

Number of games habs allowed 4 or more goals: 7

Number of games habs allowed 5 or more goals 5

Number of games Alex Kovalev showed up: 1 (debatable)

Position after Washington game: 4th

Lead on 9th: 15 pts

Position now: 5th

Lead on 9th: 6pts

If something doesn't give soon, it will be the most disastrous second half of the season in probably franchise history. Who is to blame. No idea, probably a bunch of people. Tons of injuries...yes deal with it. Something must be done. Playoffs aren't a guarantee anymore. Especially if this continues. If a shake up is needed..who stays?? who goes??

All i know is what i been seeing as of late,and it has not been a pretty site.I just do not see any other way in fixing this team , other than bringing in new blood.

I do not think ,as bad as it is at this time,that we need to blow up the team & start from scratch,but i'm all for shaking up the team,and now.

BOB,DON'T SIT AND WAIT TILL MARCH 4TH, it will be a costly mistake i feel.

Somethings gotta give here,& now's the time to do it.

Man,do something,anything.Get on your phone/blackberry,Bob make it happen.

It's almost like he's thinking,let it ride,it'll fix itself.

NEWSFLASH BOB,NO IT WON'T.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

No. I'm 100% positive that they can still bounce back from this. Maybe a few players should be let go, but we definitely don't need to start from scratch.

I agree. I dont think we have stanley cup contenders (unless price can channel the 1993 Patrick Roy) yet, but I also dont think we are bottom feeders. There's a whole lot of issues going on right now, but lack of talent isnt one of them. This team is arguably more "talented" than our last 2 cup winners - what it needs is heart. I dont know if that will come in the form of trade(s) or coaching changes, but what I do know is that if it doesnt come we will be lucky to make the playoffs before the last week.

I have a feeling the Habs are going to cling on to everything they have and turn out like the Sens. Our time was last season to succeed and we failed horribly. Only going to get worse from here.

:blink:

OUCH!!!

No way am I going to believe that.

I just don't understand. Every year we complain about the dressing room. SOmeone is a CANCER to this team. We trade them, get rid of them and now this season we seem to be in a worse situation. Players seem uninterested (I don't know) Does anyone even stand up in the dressing room and talk (SCREAM!!)

so frustrating for us. :angry:

this topic is depressing!

:(

Yea,your right CanadienMike,it is depressing...it's also frustrating,pathetic,laughable & embarassing,just to quote a few words that have been tossed around lately of our habs.

You wanna bet it's depressing,but to a point,for some,warranted.

Here's to change,which hopfully can bring a possitive new life to our habs. :D

There's not a chance in hell of tanking all the way down to John Tavarez level.

What we can do, trade:

Alex Kovalev

Saku Koivu

Mike Komisarek

Roman Hamrlik

possibly: Alex Tanguay if he waives the NTC

Each of those could fetch a 1st rounder at least. Between those 4 at the top I think we could get 4 1st rounder and maybe 4 additional pieces, where a piece is anything else of minor value such as a 5th round draft pick. We would have between 4 and 6 1st rounders which we could use to draft offensive forwards especially CENTERS or we could move up in the draft.

I completely agree with you. Because of the tight playoff race in both conferences there will be a LOT more buyers than sellers at the deadline. We should take advantage of this and make teams overpay for our free agents.

Rebuild? I thought that's what we've been doing up to now. I say let's make trades and get the right guys in here. Watching the Habs come back from the All-Star break has been nothing but disappointment. It's time to wake the dead. IMO no Hab is untouchable. Komi, who has been my favourite D-man for the past 3 years has been playing like a chicken without a head. Kovy has been hot and cold and cold and cold lately. His age seems to be catching up to him. Koivu, who is still the captain of the ship, has not been the same since his return. Price, has been anything but Priceless. The only guy who has shown any spark has been Higgy and he was one of the guys I was saying we should have traded last year. Not sure if it starts with Carbo but these guys are not playing at all. They are chasing the puck instead of taking the puck to the other team. If it means we have to fire, trade or release someone to wake this deadbeat team up then do it! We are now fighting for a playoff spot. Don't rebuild but instead revitalize this team!

I'll take any of the following:

Bouwmeester, Antropov, Avery, yes Avery, Kubina, Kuba, Witt, Lecav, Armstrong...

DO SOMETHING>>>>SOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted no

But curious , in your quote below

........ and draft a new franchise player to build the team around....

Who was the " old " franchiose player they drafted to build the team around ( besides possibly Price )

Rather than get rid of 10 or so players , I would do what most teams do when things go sour, change the guy in the suit behind the bench .

I voted no

But curious , in your quote below

Who was the " old " franchiose player they drafted to build the team around ( besides possibly Price )

Rather than get rid of 10 or so players , I would do what most teams do when things go sour, change the guy in the suit behind the bench .

You know, I'm not opposed to bringing in a new coach...Hartley would be high up on my list...I guess the reason I wanted to examine any of this is to see what the general feeling is on the board...But if the issues can be solved with a coaching change, I say do it...Hartley is tops on my list.

...........But if the issues can be solved with a coaching change, I say do it...Hartley is tops on my list.

I'm not sure that a coaching change will or will not make a difference

But it's easier to get rid of one person than it is 10 + players

But in the case of the HABS with so many UFA's next year I guess we'll be blowing it all up and rebuilding any way :P

The topic on team990 is this topic. "Is it time to blow it all up?"

At least they can give some credit to Mojo on the radio for creating this topic.

Hey PJ, if you're going to use our threads in order to fill your time slot at least mention that you saw it on this forum and give some credit to the thread's author.

Wow-Maybe I should start looking for on-air work in MTL Greek...You could be my producer...Just not proof reader ;)

Archived