The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens @ Canucks

Hab-in-Buffalo

Valentine's day is over! It's time for HOCKEY!

mk_1_009_a.jpg

Canadiens VS Canucks

Sunday Feb 15th 2009 @ 10PM

800px-Vancouver-gmplace3.jpg

Montreal is trying to prove that they are back on track. But are they really?

Tune in to find out!!! Halak will get another start as the "hot" goalie.

However, hard to say hot without thinking about Luongo... Hopefully the O will show up!

feb_15_9e66a.Large.jpg

Lines: (Need confirmation)

Kostopoulos - Koivu - Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn - Higgins - S. Kostitsyn

Pacioretty - Lapierre - D'Agostini

? - Begin - Laraque

feb_15_2_a4ff5.Large.jpg

Enjoy the Game!!!

dog.jpg

i hope chippy gets a crack at the lineup tonight, hopefully tonight we can break out of this slump of passive playing, we look like an ahl team the last few nights, we just sit back and let teams gain our defensive zone, this needs to stop, we have to tighten up our neutral zone play!

Need another big one from halak.

Go Habs Go!

According to Habs inside/out the lines are:

• Koivu between Kostopoulos and Kovalev

• Andrei Kostitsyn between (sort) of Dandenault and Sergei K

• Lapierre between D'Agostini and Pacioretty

• Chipchura between Bégin and Laraque

Halak in net...

+1 L.

Halak in net...

Sounds like a winning lineup to me! Sergei K. is Centering that was his position before joining the London Knights, he was switched to winger to play with Sam Gagner.I'll be there cheering them on behind the Montreal bench with my youngest son. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!

Halak in net...

Andrei is centering? Has he ever played that position in his life? Defense I imagine is the same as Friday night.

If we are going to make the playoffs we cant finish any lower than 5th because the 6th 7th and 8th spots will get you the Bruins,Caps or Devils and it would be a quick death

the Flyers won yesterday and moved back into 4th, so its just soo vital that we get on a major role right now

Halak in net...

Don't panic people. Higgins and Komisarek weren't at practice. :P

While I'm still in favor of putting someone who plays like Kostopoulos but can handle the puck, we don't have anyone like that available right now.

I'm hoping to see this happen, but it depends on what Carbonneau decides to do with Dandenault. It's hard to move him down the lineup with his recently play, so he would have to be put on D. Which causes a problem. How do you bench either Bouillon or Brisebois when they both put up points last game? S. Kostitsyn could find himself the odd one out in light of that.

Only way I see this changing, is if D'Agostini were moved out or up and SK played in his place.

Begin - Chipchura - Laraque

Chipchura may not necessarily play, but Laraque definitely will, being one of the players who has stepped up his game and our trial with him playing in front of the net. If Begin is benched, it will likely be in favor of playing Dandenault on the fourth line.

If the defense sees a change, it will likely be in the form of playing more aggressively at the line, which is a problem that we can only hope Carbonneau is addressing. Optimist that I am, I expect to see the same lineup, despite my desire to move Dandenault back to the blue line.

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Bouillon - Gorges

Go Habs Go!

Don't panic people. Higgins and Komisarek weren't at practice. :P

While I'm still in favor of putting someone who plays like Kostopoulos but can handle the puck, we don't have anyone like that available right now.

I'm hoping to see this happen, but it depends on what Carbonneau decides to do with Dandenault. It's hard to move him down the lineup with his recently play, so he would have to be put on D. Which causes a problem. How do you bench either Bouillon or Brisebois when they both put up points last game? S. Kostitsyn could find himself the odd one out in light of that.

Only way I see this changing, is if D'Agostini were moved out or up and SK played in his place.

Begin - Chipchura - Laraque

Chipchura may not necessarily play, but Laraque definitely will, being one of the players who has stepped up his game and our trial with him playing in front of the net. If Begin is benched, it will likely be in favor of playing Dandenault on the fourth line.

If the defense sees a change, it will likely be in the form of playing more aggressively at the line, which is a problem that we can only hope Carbonneau is addressing. Optimist that I am, I expect to see the same lineup, despite my desire to move Dandenault back to the blue line.

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Bouillon - Gorges

Go Habs Go!

i know how we can solve this.

lets put andrei with koivu and kovy, and drop kosto to the 4th and scratch begin....not to hard

a.kosty-saku-kovy

dandy-higgs/s.skosty-s.kosty/higgs

pacs-maxs-dags

kosto-chips-bgl

hmm that was easy enough....

Ouch! Rangers are losing to Flyers 5-0 in the 2nd period :huh: Including one goal against that was scored while the rangers had a 1.5 minute 5 on 3...

Looks like we're not the only team suffering massive consecutive brain farts.

That being said- GO HABS GO!!!

flyers now gonna be 3pts up on 4th,

If we are going to make the playoffs we cant finish any lower than 5th because the 6th 7th and 8th spots will get you the Bruins,Caps or Devils and it would be a quick death

the Flyers won yesterday and moved back into 4th, so its just soo vital that we get on a major role right now

Whats your point? We would need to face at least one of them down the line at some point. Anything can happen in the playoffs and the best teams in the season have no free passes. Now if we do finish 8th and end up knocking off the bruins we would be on a high and even harder to stop. Lets make the playoffs 1st because I dont want to be stuck watching baseball come spring time.

Ouch! Rangers are losing to Flyers 5-0 in the 2nd period :huh: Including one goal against that was scored while the rangers had a 1.5 minute 5 on 3...

Looks like we're not the only team suffering massive consecutive brain farts.

That being said- GO HABS GO!!!

yep they are in trouble too

a broadcaster in a local radio here in Buffalo was saying that he believes the Canadiens are not in trouble, they will pick it up and finish strong while the Rangers have much deeper problems including locker room pbs and they might not make the playoffs. Anyway, I am just sharing because I thought it was cool that a Sabres radio show respect to the canadiens (but not the rangers hahaha)

For anyone interested, the Canucks forward line-up for the last two games has been (and probably will be tonight)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Kesler - Sundin - Demitra

Pyatt - Wellwood - Bernier

Hordichuk - Johnson - Hansen

There's also Mason Raymond in the pressbox who could be substituted in. Pyatt and Burrows are interchangeable depending on how the game goes (Pyatt was just demoted 2 games ago).

As for defense, the pairings have been rather mixed up recently. The most common pairings (prior to all the line juggling) are

Mitchell - Bieksa

Ohlund - O'Brien/Davison

Salo - Edler

I've seen Ohlund and Salo playing together a lot in the last couple games though.

And Luongo will (obviously) have the start in goal.

Go Canucks go! :ph34r:

Sounds like a winning lineup to me! Sergei K. is Centering that was his position before joining the London Knights, he was switched to winger to play with Sam Gagner.I'll be there cheering them on behind the Montreal bench with my youngest son. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!

If Bob isnt going to make a huge move before the deadline I have heard Gagne's name as trade bait. Would love to see him center the 2 Kostis

I am realy happy to see Laps center Dags & Patches . I have been calling for the kid line for a little while now.

* Somebody put on some spiked boots and start kicking some butts. I want to see some playoff hockey from les boys tonight! :P

Archived