The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Washington | Wed. February 18, 2009 | 7:30 Pm

ColRouleBleu

Montreal @ Washington
Wed. February 18, 2009
Verizon Center 7:30 PM

No fancy schmancy stuff for the game day thread today, no time for it (damn work) and honestly, less inspiration than I thought I would have.
We all know who Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Green & Co are and what they can do. We also all know Koivu, Higgins, Markov, Komisarek & Co but we kind of dont know anymore what they can do. So here goes nothing...

Goalies (unconfirmed):

C. Price: 18 W / 11 L / 5 OT / .906 / 2.72
J. Theodore: 21 W / 10 L / 3 OT / .901 / 2.78

Habs Lineup:

Forwards:
Higgins - Koivu - D'Agostini
A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Bégin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Laraque - Chipchura - Dandenault

Defence:
Markov - Schneider
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Bouillon - Gorges

Scratched:
Kovalev (sent home) - Stewart (Sergei sent to Hamilton) - Brisebois

Injured:
Tanguay - Latendresse - Lang

Here's a clip of Bradley, Steckel and mainly Boudreau's pre-game comments http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?ca...09&id=33878

Teams Stats
Players Stats

oh, I almost forgot :o

GO! HABS! GO!

Looking forward to seeing how this'll play out. Our lineup is a bit scary, but different. The 2 guys that are gone weren't going to make too much of an influence anyway, but our 3rd line is made up of 4th liners, much different than the one the one made at the begginning of the season that consisted of Lang Higgins and SK74. A little scary, but a good scary.

Looking forward to seeing how this'll play out. Our lineup is a bit scary, but different. The 2 guys that are gone weren't going to make too much of an influence anyway, but our 3rd line is made up of 4th liners, much different than the one the one made at the begginning of the season that consisted of Lang Higgins and SK74. A little scary, but a good scary.

well especially sergei, he was gonna step up tomorrownight? ya right

So i wonder what will happen if we lose tomorrow? Gainey will do everything he can to protect carbo. What will happen next? If the habs win tomorrow gainey and carbo look like geniuses for sending kovy home and if we lose gainey and carbo put the blame on another player. What a joke.

Higgins - Koivu - D'Agostini

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Pacioretty

Scoring lines comprised entirely of offensive forwards. Habellulah!

I was kind of enjoying Higgins as a center though and he was playing fairly well considering. Maybe that will give him some momenemum. (Yes, I know how I spelled it. I watched that episode of Fresh Prince and it stuck. :P)

I've been avoiding posting about every thing else, but I'm not going to be able to hold back forever.

Here and now, I'm just going to say that I hope for the best results for the team to be successful.

Go Habs Go!

We had very little chance going into this game. Now, with Kovalev sent home and Sergei in Hamilton, and every likelihood that we'll continue to see Tom Kostopoulos and Mathieu Dandenault on scoring lines, I'm downgrading 'little chance' to 'no chance.'

Caps win in a blowout.

I agree. Is it not laughable that of all of our players that are dressed, our forward scoring leader (and 2nd on the team to markov) ISN'T EVEN ON THE FIRST LINE.

I agree. Is it not laughable that of all of our players that are dressed, our forward scoring leader (and 2nd on the team to markov) ISN'T EVEN ON THE FIRST LINE.

I'm actually hoping that we go completely into the tank this week so it's plain to see that there are deep-seated problems on this team that go far beyond Alex Kovalev and Sergei Kostitsyn, and which are not reparable by the acquisition of Mathieu Schneider.

I'm actually hoping that we go completely into the tank this week so it's plain to see that there are deep-seated problems on this team that go far beyond Alex Kovalev and Sergei Kostitsyn, and which are not reparable by the acquisition of Mathieu Schneider.

If however the HABs starts playing well and the team goes on a winning streak and makes the playoffs and reaches at the very least the conference finals... I'm starting a petition to have you removed from these boards weep. I used to appreciate most of your posts on here. But since the team has hit the bottom of the barrel, you have been soooo negative. Stay positive and be a loyal fan.

Nothing personnal.. i just miss the ol weep :(

I hope these new moves shake the team up a bit to the point where they start putting a little more effort into it

If I was coach I woulda did these lines

Forwards:

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - D'Agostini

Higgins - Plekanec - Pacioretty

Defence:

Markov - Schneider

Hamrlik - Komisarek

Bouillon - Gorges

Archived