The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sens Re-acquire Comrie

Wayne-1

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267958&lid...s=topStory_main

COMRIE RETURNS TO SENATORS IN TRADE WITH ISLANDERS

OTTAWA - Mike Comrie is headed back to the Ottawa Senators and he's bringing a puck-moving defenceman with him.

The Sens acquired Comrie and Chris Campoli from the New York Islanders on Friday in exchange for Dean McAmmond and a (SJ's) first-round draft pick.

Campoli possesses the offensive skill that Ottawa has been seeking for its defence. The 24-year-old had spent his entire career in Long Island and is under contract through next season at a reasonable US$675,000.

Comrie is currently earning $4 million and will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer. He spent a couple months with the Senators in 2007 and was part of the team that reached the Stanley Cup final.

The first-round pick heading to the Islanders originally belonged to San Jose.

McAmmond spent parts of the past three seasons in Ottawa and will join his eighth NHL team. The 35-year-old forward has played 916 regular-season games.

- 30 -

O that was the Sharks pick, wow I thought Murray really lost it for a second.

When I first read it on tsn.ca I thought it was Tampa's first round pick.

Still, Comrie has 7 goals and 20 points which is no where near a first rounder whether it's San Jose's or not. Also, Comrie is a UFA this summer.

Still, Comrie has 7 goals and 20 points which is no where near a first rounder whether it's San Jose's or not. Also, Comrie is a UFA this summer.

I think Campoli was the key for ottawa. Comrie for McAmmond is a decent swap & Campoli, a 24 yr old dman who's hovering close to a point every 2.5 games his whole career has got to be worth something.

It should help both teams, but I dont think is a huge impact deal either way.

I think Campoli was the key for ottawa. Comrie for McAmmond is a decent swap & Campoli, a 24 yr old dman who's hovering close to a point every 2.5 games his whole career has got to be worth something.

It should help both teams, but I dont think is a huge impact deal either way.

Bingo, Campoli is the key cog in this trade even though Comrie has garnered the most attention. The Senators are in desperate need of a puck-moving defenseman, especially since they no longer have Redden or Corvo.

Looks like nothing more than a lateral move where Ottawa parted with a first round pick.

Campoli's no slouch but he's not the puck moving d-man they desperately need right now.

He's not elite, but at least he's young. I think a top-level puck-mover would be out of their price range considering the state of the team right now.

LoL, why is it a bad trade. Anyone watch the game when we played them on saturday.. The announcers stated campoli was clearly the player they wanted to get. They also showed what he did with the puck..

No hes not an elite player, but he is a pretty good puck moving D,

That being said look @ his salary .625 this season, and 0.675 next season.. Probably gives him a cap hit under 650k

So he can move the puck, He has a super small salary, and when his contract is done hes a RFA. not a UFA..

If you know anything about Ottawa they have 3 guys making nearly 20 million a season, They need reliable good players to fill in other spots for a cheap price.. As those 3 guys eat up a HUGE CHUNK of the cap space

hell islanders win this trade hands down.

if it was only campoli they wanted then it should have been campoli for mcammond...idk where that 1st rounder came in from(even if it's SJ's)

I have a feeling murray did this trade out of desperation (I think not making the playoffs is not an option for the owner, hence his job might be on the line....)

Archived