The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

D'agostini Or Pacioretty?

Paulin98C

Considering that Tanguay will shortly be back... someone will have to be sent down... will it be one or the otehr? can we keep both? Will they both be sent down? Can a trade happen to make room for the 2?

Please debate...

Personnally, I would prefer Pacioretty since he brings size to the team. Solid solid body checking form him in today game gaisnt the Sens. I have a really good feeling when it comes to him..

D'Agostini... the only I would prefer the chose him over Pacioretty is that he has a right hand shot...something we lack on this team.

There's not much to debate IMO. Pacioretty should stay a little longer, at least until Latendresse will be back. D'Agostini is a good player but needs some work in minors. His defensive play is not up to par right now and I don't understand why he's playing with Koivu and Higgins instead of Pacioretty. Same goes for the PP, I don't see any point in having him out there in such situations.

Technically,,, with Bouillon apparently gone for awhile, then that means Dandy can be the stand by D-man and his spot can still be used by the kids up front. It also seems that Begin's spot is no longer a lock,, so his roster spot might be an option to consider. Trade deadline is comming up soon so regardless,,,,any moves made could be temporary.

It's pretty packed in terms of forwards:

Koivu

Higgins

Kovalev

Plekanec

A. Kostitsyn

Lapierre

Kostopoulos

Tanguay

Latendresse

Begin

Laraque

Stewart

Chipchura

D'Agostini

Pacioretty

Dandeneault

S. Kostitsyn

I count 7 guys who are healthy and guaranteed a starter spot, 2 guys who are unhealthy and otherwise guaranteed a starter spot, which leaves 8 other guys to compete for 3 spots normally and 5 spots when everyone is healthy.

I'd handle that by:

Send down D'Agostini, bring up SK74, in a week or two. (1 less player)

Play Dandneault on defense. (1 less player)

Use Begin and Laraque sparingly (Effectively 1 less player)

Which still leaves sacrifices to be made. I suppose Chipchura and Stewart will be going down soon.

It's pretty packed in terms of forwards:

Koivu

Higgins

Kovalev

Plekanec

A. Kostitsyn

Lapierre

Kostopoulos

Tanguay

Latendresse

Begin

Laraque

Stewart

Chipchura

D'Agostini

Pacioretty

Dandeneault

S. Kostitsyn

I count 7 guys who are healthy and guaranteed a starter spot, 2 guys who are unhealthy and otherwise guaranteed a starter spot, which leaves 8 other guys to compete for 3 spots normally and 5 spots when everyone is healthy.

I'd handle that by:

Send down D'Agostini, bring up SK74, in a week or two. (1 less player)

Play Dandneault on defense. (1 less player)

Use Begin and Laraque sparingly (Effectively 1 less player)

Which still leaves sacrifices to be made. I suppose Chipchura and Stewart will be going down soon.

sergei needs to show somthing down in hamilton before he can be recalled, or thats the way it should be

Considering that Tanguay will shortly be back... someone will have to be sent down... will it be one or the otehr? can we keep both? Will they both be sent down? Can a trade happen to make room for the 2?

Please debate...

Personnally, I would prefer Pacioretty since he brings size to the team. Solid solid body checking form him in today game gaisnt the Sens. I have a really good feeling when it comes to him..

D'Agostini... the only I would prefer the chose him over Pacioretty is that he has a right hand shot...something we lack on this team.

Chipchurra will be sent down before both of those.

And Stewart as well.

Why would you have to send down either? S. Kostitsyn has been sent down for Stewart so couldn't Stewart just be sent down instead of D'Ags or Pac Man?

Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

D'Agostini - Lapierre - Paciorietty

Dandenault - Chipchura - Kostopolous

When Latendresse comes back, that is when one of these guys will have to be chosen.

Archived