The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Glen Metropolit

sens27

I like this move,the only thing is he is yet another small forward added to this small upfront team.

My expectations of him are similar to a Bryan Smolinski so thats not bad.A player who is good at faceoffs and can score the odd goal.He easily replaces Begin.No offense to Metropolit but I hope this isn't the biggest move by Gainey.

Welcome Glen. I just want to point out that Begin was picked up off waivers to originally join our team, and quickly became a fan favourite. Buffalo regretted losing him at the time and from the sounds of things,,,Philly fans aren't overly pleased to lose Glen. Let's hope for a little deja vu. ;)

Welcome to the team, Metro!

You guys are way too jadded. Guys like Glen will give you ever pint of blood he's got in his body to play a game at a fraction of the price. In other words, he's just like Begin only he grew up on the very wrong side of the tracks with little money and was never drafted but that never stopped him from working hard to get where he is today. When Bergeron was knocked out for the season, he held that 2nd line together and did well in the playoffs. I remember Pierre Houde calling him a revelation.

Archived