The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Satan Sent To Ahl

I just picked him up in a very deep league for free off of waivers someone dropped him because he was sent to AHL). I know the Pen shave cap issues but is there any way he can get called back up?

PS. no other team can use him now after the trade deadline and since he is a UFA nobody for sure will claim him on re-entry.

I just picked him up in a very deep league for free off of waivers someone dropped him because he was sent to AHL). I know the Pen shave cap issues but is there any way he can get called back up?

PS. no other team can use him now after the trade deadline and since he is a UFA nobody for sure will claim him on re-entry.

Strange move by the pens. They still have to pay him, he's still on their cap...but not on their roster.

If he gets recalled, he can still be plucked off of reentry waivers but it would only be for the regular season (you cant add players for your post season run that arent already on your roster on deadline day (except in emergency callups from your farm, I do believe).

I believe Pittsburg can still use him, even in the post season, but this is just odd.

Its not like he's had horrendous numbers (36 pts in 65 games) - especially considering the guy who took over his spot - guerin has virtually the same stats! (36 pts in 61 games!) and he was just finally getting on a groove again (3 pts in his last 3 games). Odd indeed.

Strange move by the pens. They still have to pay him, he's still on their cap...but not on their roster.

If he gets recalled, he can still be plucked off of reentry waivers but it would only be for the regular season (you cant add players for your post season run that arent already on your roster on deadline day (except in emergency callups from your farm, I do believe).

I believe Pittsburg can still use him, even in the post season, but this is just odd.

Its not like he's had horrendous numbers (36 pts in 65 games) - especially considering the guy who took over his spot - guerin has virtually the same stats! (36 pts in 61 games!) and he was just finally getting on a groove again (3 pts in his last 3 games). Odd indeed.

Its one of those intagibles work ethic thingy mer bobbers. They just don't like Satan's vibe in Pittsburgh.

yeah that's what I figured.. The "guy" who dropped him I think jumped the gun - Satan has very respectable numbers this year. Well I was so thin anyways I picked up Jussie Joensuun, so what the hell I dropped him and I'll cross my fingers on a Satan quick return.

I was just curious if Satan could in fact come back to Pitts, if they clear cap room - or - someone gets IR.

• 1 month later...

well, he cleared re-entry waivers today and has re-joined the Pens for the playoffs...

not really surprising that he cleared, since he couldn't play for anyone else this season and any benefit to another team from picking him up and holding his negotiating rights until July 01 would be more than offset by the fact the move would deliberately deprive Satan of the chance to play in the playoffs this season... and it would be an unsportsmanlike manoeuvre to do it just to block the Pens from having him...

Archived