The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Coach - Ron " Dog " Wilson 2008-09

madsprite18

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting.....Wilson deserves consideration unless he is going to the NHL, he and Lever were a true team - they brought out the best in the players they were given whether they were young rookies, lifetime AHLers or whatever - Both Lever and Wilson deserve promotion or at least staying with us in Hamilton!

• 1 month later...

Both Lever and Ron Wilson have been let go from the Canadiens according to the Hamilton Spectator - apparently with little explanation - Gainey apparently wants to 'go in a different direction' - :lol: hopefully that direction is up in the standings :lol: - don't see how firing two long term outstanding coaches is going to help - just as I didn't see how firing Julien was a good move. Anyway best wishes and thanks to Ron for all the good years in Hamilton!

Sometimes I really wonder if BG knows what he is doing

I thought Don Lever was doing a really good job with the Bulldogs

Now we have

- no coach for the the minor league Team

- no goalie coach ( yet ) though Rollie 's time has come

- 1/2 the NHL team are UFA's and I'll be suprised if BG can work soem magic and ice a competitve team

- a coach for our NHL team who couldn't win anything with a stacked Ottawa club

What a mess :rolleyes:

Sometimes I really wonder if BG knows what he is doing

I thought Don Lever was doing a really good job with the Bulldogs

Now we have

- no coach for the the minor league Team

- no goalie coach ( yet ) though Rollie 's time has come

- 1/2 the NHL team are UFA's and I'll be suprised if BG can work soem magic and ice a competitve team

- a coach for our NHL team who couldn't win anything with a stacked Ottawa club

What a mess :rolleyes:

(Many here will probably laugh) but I consider myself an optimist when it comes to my team and their farm team - but it is getting hard to keep my "game face" - the first time I saw this nonsense was when Julien was set up to be a patsy to get Jarvis or Carbonneau coaching the team (......and that worked out really well :rolleyes: ) since then I continue to see an attitude that is inflexible and does not take into account dealing with what is working and is not working - it is clear the Bulldog coaching staff has been strong, even before Don and Ron - they have developed numerous prospects AND have had success at the AHL level - check out the number of players they coached at the AHL level that are playing and thriving in the NHL (and the number Julien and Geoff Ward coached too!) what more could any NHL team want????

Archived