The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Do You Think Will Be The Head Coach After This Season?

A-K-46

Choose who you think should coach the Habs next year  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Coaches

• Pat Quinn
    • Don Lever
    • Bob Hartley
    • Denis Savard
    • Ted Nolan
    • Marc Crawford
    • Dave King
    • Tom Renney
    • Michel Therrien
    • Larry Robinson
    • Pat Burns
    • Peter Laviolette
    • Patrick Roy
    • Bob Gainey

as we all know carbos out and the b.g. don lever era has begun but im not sure that this will be the case next year.

there are alot of coachs out there like hartsburg pat quinn etc

who do you think will be coach next year?????

i think it will be lever he can handle young players better but i could be wrong whats your opinions??

I think this should probably be a hot stove thread. Hopefully, BG learns from the Carbo thing and hires a coach with NHL experience.

1) Quinn would be a good coach. Quinn has his own ideas (clashes with others), is getting on there in years, and may have his eye on the GM position. He deals well with the media ;) He has never won a Stanley Cup despite an impressive win %.

2) Hartsburg works well with young players.. Did BG takeover after hartsburg in Minnesota??? That would be quirky. I think Hartsburg has great credentials as far as Junior Hockey. But losing a job in Ottawa in less than a year????

3) Marc Crawford -- His last stint as a head coach in LA did not go well. He did well as the Canucks head coach ( I think he is the longest serving coach of that franchise?) and won the cup with the Avs. He is fairly young and has over 400 wins as a head coach. Next to a healthy Pat Burns I think this is my choice.

dark horses: Ted Nolan, Dave King, Tom Renney, ...

Don Lever -- has had a great deal of success developing players in the AHL. ??? I think i would keep Lever in Hamilton and try and hire a coach with NHL experience.

I would like Don Lever, he's very good at developing the young players. He already knows most of the Canadien,s players. He win a Calder Cup with the Bulldogs and some of our future star.The players respect him. A lot of experience in the NHL has a assistant. Over 1000 games as a player.

Second Choice : Bob hartley

Third Choice : Michel Therrien

I want

1) Pat Burns

+won cup in new jersey.

would improve defense

experience.

-poor health

hasn't coached in a while

system may not suit our team although we may have a different team next year

2) Don Lever

+won calder cup

knows most our players.

Bob trusts him

-no nhl experience and we all know how that worked out last time

weakens our very strong farm system

Please add to the lists if you can

in bob we trust

I want

1) Pat Burns

+won cup in new jersey.

would improve defense

experience.

-poor health

2) Don Lever

+won calder cup

knows most our players.

Bob trusts him

in bob we trust

He does refuse to play the trap which our players might like

Tom Renney is an intriguing choice. He's got an excellent technical mind from all accounts, understands Xs and Os and knows how to run an efficient bench during all game situations. The knock on him is that he is fairly mild-mannered and may not have the chutzpah to crack the whip when needed.

Pat Quinn would be an excellent candidate.

Lever will no doubt be in the mix. Anyone who's worked behind the bench with Scotty Bowman rates a little higher in my estimation. :)

I want

1) Pat Burns

+won cup in new jersey.

would improve defense

experience.

-poor health

2) Don Lever

+won calder cup

knows most our players.

Bob trusts him

in bob we trust

Although he has no head coaching experience in the NHL he does have 14 years as an assistant coach. 14 years is a long time in the NHL. He's seen it all at the NHL level, for sure. I think that qualifies him.

Here's his stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=3128

Although he has no head coaching experience in the NHL he does have 14 years as an assistant coach. 14 years is a long time in the NHL. He's seen it all at the NHL level, for sure. I think that qualifies him.

Here's his stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=3128

He's also worked with guys like Scotty Bowman and Lindy Ruff. Good coaches to learn from.

I added a poll with the names suggested so far in this thread. Should be interesting to see who the fans vote for. If you'd like to see more names added to the poll, please post them here and I'd add them. Cheers!

Nice poll.. but you left off Pat Burns. he was mentioned in a number of posts. If Pat was healthy, he would be my first choice. I think he would easily win the poll. Best wishes to Pat.

Nice poll.. but you left off Pat Burns. he was mentioned in a number of posts. If Pat was healthy, he would be my first choice. I think he would easily win the poll. Best wishes to Pat.

That's the reason I didn't initially add him, because he's not healthy and I want the poll to be realistic. However, since you requested it, it's done.

My choice would be Pat Quinn but that would be too logical of a choice for Bob <_<

but what about a guy like Pete Laviolette? a stanley cup champion coach who is well suited for the playoffs

Added as well.

Archived