The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ny Islanders @canadiens - March 12 2009

The Devils game is the only one I'm worried about. 9/10 of the next games are at home, with one of them being in Ottawa, which can barely be considered a road game. You know that stadium will be jam packed with Habs fans. I have a really strong feeling we're going on a big streak here. Spending more time forechecking, utilizing our speed and talent should ensure success with such a long home stretch.

I want Halak in net, Price made some big saves last night but he's lacking the 60 minute performance that Halak showed us what he's capable of in the 4 games he started before his sickness.

Tanguay has really changed the shape of this team. He's still the same old Tanguay as when he was playing in Calgary. He can be very frustrating to watch at times because he really doesn't shoot enough. We need to relax in this one, not go wild for goals in the first period.

The Devils game is the only one I'm worried about. 9/10 of the next games are at home, with one of them being in Ottawa, which can barely be considered a road game. You know that stadium will be jam packed with Habs fans. I have a really strong feeling we're going on a big streak here. Spending more time forechecking, utilizing our speed and talent should ensure success with such a long home stretch.

I want Halak in net, Price made some big saves last night but he's lacking the 60 minute performance that Halak showed us what he's capable of in the 4 games he started before his sickness.

I know Im going to be one of those fans at the game in Ottawa.

Agreed on Halak, Price has been putting in solid efforts once again. But I dont like that Halak seems to have been tossed to the side once again despite what he did for us.

Its the Isles, we better get these points!

GO HABS GO

Just because Halak performed great games two weeks ago.... doesn't necessarily mean he'll be giving the same performance again. Especially having taken so much time off because of the flu.

We figured Price would come right back after his injury but look where he's at right now.

Apples and Oranges.

I just want the win, whoever is in net.

First off...there are NO easy games in the NHL.

Second...lets hope the players are concentrating on the NEXT game only.......not the Devils or Rangers. We should be doing the same.

Third.....Habs win 4-1.....

P.S....sorry...how rude of me.......Nice GDT Webster, and welcome to the forum........!!!!!!

LETS GO HABS.....

Tanguay has really changed the shape of this team. He's still the same old Tanguay as when he was playing in Calgary. He can be very frustrating to watch at times because he really doesn't shoot enough. We need to relax in this one, not go wild for goals in the first period.

Dont let the Habs fan base in opposing arenas fool you. Was a huge fan base for Vancouver,Calgary,Edmonton and Montreal got smoked in all 3 games.

There is no home like the Bell Center. Only when leaf Fans invade it does it sort of suck

BTW MTL has the 5th best home record in the NHL and only 6 regulation losses.

Lets pick up the 2 points Boys !

Just because Halak performed great games two weeks ago.... doesn't necessarily mean he'll be giving the same performance again. Especially having taken so much time off because of the flu.

We figured Price would come right back after his injury but look where he's at right now.

Apples and Oranges.

I just want the win, whoever is in net.

Halak saved the season by winning those 4 games if not for him no telling where we would be now, and he lost his spot because of the flu just imagine how he feels

I agree that there are no easy games. the islanders one can be tough, because you never know when teams like new york (or toronto) that suck horribly are actually going to preform. They can have a decent offense.

Does anyone know about dipietro? i thought he was injured, and if so, when is he coming back?

I consider this game as VERY important because the Habs simply have to stop playing stinkers against lowly teams. The Islanders are in LAST place in the East.....DEAD LAST. If we don't pull off a win, we are in real trouble. Even if we win, if it's not convincing, we might still be in trouble.

We need to get ahead, stay ahead, not let them back in, and basically DESTROY this team like we don't usually. We are a much better team with new life....now let's play like it!

Price is doing all right, and he's always been the #1. I think Jaro is too much of a team player to make this into some kind of controversy. He came in as a backup and did a great job. We might need him again. And Bob will no doubt give him some starts down the road. (This game could be one of them, I suppose.) It's actually a good thing to have two goaltenders playing great down the stretch!

p.s. "Canadiens" needs to be captialized in the thread title. We deserve it.

Archived