• Dandenault
    • A. Kostitsyn
    • Lang
    • Markov
    • Komisarek
    • Gorges
    • Hamrlik
    • Plekanec

This thread is probably too early but I thought it would be interesting considering the stretch drive for playoff positioning or...err...golfing.

It has been a disapointing season based on expectations but I am just curious thus far to see who people believe to be the Hart Trophy candidate for this team. I ommitted some players because they havent played most of the games due to injury, because they were either sent down or played a majority of their season in Hamilton.

I chose Markov.

Can we give it to both our goalies? Despite Carey's cold streak, they've been the most consistent players we've had.

Otherwise, probably Markov or Koivu. Neither is having a phenomenal season, but at least they've shown up most games and been relatively consistent.

Maybe, but not the Hart. He's a hard working player, but not our best player, even this season.

In his "designated role" he has been the most consistent for effort and intensity game in and game out on the team. I might consider Jaroslav too but he is the back up goalie and has not really been given any opportunity over a long period of time. Going by your standard of "best player", Price's meltdown this season takes him out picture. However that is just my opinion Graeme.

Hart trophy = MVP

very few are deserving on this team but im going to go with Halak, if not for him we wouldnt even have a prayer at the playoffs

That 4 game stretch is the most obvious season saver but it's still just 4 games. Where are we without Markov this year?

In his "designated role" he has been the most consistent for effort and intensity game in and game out on the team. I might consider Jaroslav too but he is the back up goalie and has not really been given any opportunity over a long period of time. Going by your standard of "best player", Price's meltdown this season takes him out picture. However that is just my opinion Graeme.

When I think of MVP, I think a good way to evaluate is "if based purely on this season, there was only one player we could keep (ignoring age, potential, etc.) who would it be?" That's a good way to figure out your most valuable player, and no way I'd say Lapierre for that. Price's meltdown would take him out of the running most years, but there isn't exactly much competition this season (he's still above .900, which isn't great, but notawful either). If I had to redo this season without Price or without Lapierre, Lapierre would go in a second.

That 4 game stretch is the most obvious season saver but it's still just 4 games. Where are we without Markov this year?

thats right he saved the season, or whats left of it... thats alot more than most have done

Markov? ya......

In my opinion the only player deserving any type of trophy game in, game out, is Maxim Lapierre.

If the hart was actually the 'heart' trophy then perhaps. As good as Lapierre is at what he does, there are players who are far more valuable to this team, which is the essence of the award.

My vote goes to Markov. No ifs, ands or buts.

I don't understand the logic behind Price even being considered... I am not a hater by any means and I do believe that one day he will be a very good goalie but the meltdown Price had over a 2 month period takes him out of contention without a doubt. My opinion is that his performance over the 2nd half of the season with exception to the last few games was absolutely atrocious and if we are unable to find a more worthy player on this team then we are in worst shape than I thought.

Markov, Lang, Koivu, are all more worthy of accolades by far.

thats right he saved the season, or whats left of it... thats alot more than most have done

Markov? ya......

lol well if you're team's MVP is winning that award based on 4-6 great games then you're a terrible hockey team.

ok, fine though Dagostini is my MVP for his scoring streak when he was first brought up.

Markov gets my vote by a country mile. During a terrible year with all kinds of on-ice and off-ice problems, he's been the only consistent player and probably the only reliable defenseman on the backend, still managing to lead the team in points and assists.

Yeah, really, picture this team without Markov from game 1... scary.

markov. hands down.

Lang. Without him this team is a wreck.

good point. he'll be my runner up.

What's the award that Streit got last year...Begin got it the year before...whatever it's called...Max should get that this year.

jacques beauchamp award for the team's unsung hero. mad max would get my vote too.

Archived