The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 71 | Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators | Mar 19, 2009 7:30 Pm

sssfffs

Hello to everybody, I am new to write here, but I 've been on this forum for a while.

Was waiting for my English to get better

Here is my point of view on the lines:

Alex T - Koivu - Kush

Kost 74 - Plec- Kovy

Lats or Cost ( we will see how Lats will do after injury) - Max- Pat or D'A (they should switch every game, they young and interesting, and we need to think about future)

Higgins - Metropolit - Stewart

Markov - Komi

Shnieder - Bris (I think O'B should play like every third game, to give old man a rest and get some exp, he is promising)

Hummer - Gorg

Now some of my other thoughts:

Higgins should play a lot on PK. He is good at it and can get a great short handed oppotunites with his speed and shot.

I was watching him a lot for the past, and he is losing puck a lot when he is trying to create something, ex: yesterday rush with Max.

So it is better for him right now just skate and shoot.

Plec should get ehough of PK time too... He always been good on it.

Stewart - I think that we need this guy in line-up right now. He can respond to roughness, and it seems like he is giving more hits then the rest of the team together. And he is not that slow as BGL and doesn't get hurt every second game.

Now PP:

Markov and Shnieder must play the whole of it. And If Shnieder can't, then he should play less in 5-on-5 thats why I put him with Bris.

SK must be with Canadiens, when he is playing AK is flying. And I understand that, and who has ever played with their brothers any kind of sports will understand that too.

We need to push the play out of our zone: finish every check; get more open ice hits; throw people around; forecheck harder, not only with bodies but sticks too; block the passing lane; we need to own the neutral zone completely; and shoot more...

And you know why we always ending up out shot?

Because a lot of our shots getting usually blocked.

And I am getting crazy when our D's see that the shot will get blocked and they shoot anyway, and where it will end up? Right!!! In our zone with odd men rush!!!

Why don't regroup or just simply put it in the corner where our offence can fight for it, they better put it in the skates and then run thier asses of trying to cover thier mistakes.

Merged. Let me know if you want to add anything else to the first post and I'll be glad to do it.

You've outdone yourself this time, excellent gameday thread. Cheers!

hehe thanks :P I like to change up my threads. All that matters is that we win this game!

Great gameday thread!

Well... St. Patties is gone, and my hang over cured. But the bitterness after hearing of the loss last night remains! This is a MUST WIN GAME (although I suppose weve said that a few times now)

No easy points boys!

Oh and Im gonna be there, so you better DESTROY the sens (to make up for the 5-1 loss I attended last year :P)

GO HABS GO!

Will also be at this one tomorrow. My record at games this year is 2-0-2 so far. The 3 games my girlfriend saw with me all went to a shootout, and she's coming tomorrow....so my prediction, 5-4 shootout Habs win.

that means they'll lose 3-1...lol

Well,here's where we stand at the moment.

Carolina's win over devils ties them with us with 81 pts.

Habs in 7th with carolina in 8th.

With florida creeping up with 78pts,let's pray (out of the ordinary :lol: ) that the leafs do us a favor tonight.

Halaks's in tonight,habs will win.

GOHABS.

Nice GDT, though I think Saku put a bit of weight on at the top!

I hope to god we win this game. We need this tonight or else we stand a good chance of getting bumped out of playoff position (though me saying this is like beating the dead horse).

I'd love to see some big plays come out tonight, and as always, show some sens the front lawn. Unfortunately I have a volleyball game to play tonight so I'll be missing almost an hour of the game. :angry:

Why is Price in net/ Because his great play last game earned him the next game? 'sigh' if the habs win, I hope its like, 8 to 7. I want Carey lit up until gainey is forced to start Halak. Maybe is PRice feels like he needs to earn something he'll clear his head. If not, he doesn't belong in this league anyways....This is just getting frustrating.

Why is Price in net/ Because his great play last game earned him the next game? 'sigh' if the habs win, I hope its like, 8 to 7. I want Carey lit up until gainey is forced to start Halak. Maybe is PRice feels like he needs to earn something he'll clear his head. If not, he doesn't belong in this league anyways....This is just getting frustrating.

I hope we win,and Price gets a shutout,but with him in nets I don't see either. I can't take the aggravation of watching Price again,so if he plays,I will find something else to do with that 3 hours of my life.

I hope we win,and Price gets a shutout,but with him in nets I don't see either. I can't take the aggravation of watching Price again,so if he plays,I will find something else to do with that 3 hours of my life.

:blink: hes played great lately what are you even on about...its the defense and offense that have been lacking...the team just cant seem to get back on that page they were on in december/jan

As much as I'd love to see the Habs win tonight, make the playoffs etc. I am also looking forward to the off season in hopes that Bob doesn't resign some of these heartless wonders and actually goes out and gets a few players that actually put an effort into their game every night. It is very disappointing to watch only cetain players come to play while some just seem to not to care so much. I hate to say this but as a Habs fan living near Toronto, I see some of the Leaf games and I give them credit. They come to play and are a hard working team, if the Habs were we'd be up around first place....

We'll see if there's any chemistry left in this team as Gainey has gone back to some old line combinations (according to HIO).

It will be very interesting to see how Lapierre - Kostopolous - Latendresse perform now they're reunited. Up until the time Gui got hurt, that 3rd line was consistently their best line.

Archived