The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Research Of A Canadian Fan

chantal96

Hello everybody,

I am a Swiss student and I must make a project in English for my exams in June. The topic I choose is "differences between the Swiss league and the NHL".

I would like to contact people who like ice hockey to have information.

1. How many plays do you go every months?

2. The prices of the tickets for the plays, how high are the prices?

3. Are the places stand or seat places?

4. Do you travel a lot to see your favourite team?

5. Do you belong to a fan-club?

6. How important is the time you spend for your passion in ice hockey?

I'm sorry if you don't understand me right. Thank you for your information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chantal ;)

Given that you're comparing the Swiss league to the NHL, I'll restrict my answers to NHL only (I also support the local ECHL team).

1. How many plays do you go every months?

Averaged over a full season, I attend one game per month.

2. The prices of the tickets for the plays, how high are the prices?

3. Are the places stand or seat places?

Ticket prices vary from arena to arena, and within each arena depending on where you sit. This season, I paid $82 (discounted IcePak price) for balcony seats in Vancouver, $115 for a lower bowl seat in Montreal, $170 for a lower bowl seat in Toronto, and $90 each for balcony seats in Ottawa. The tickets for Montreal & Toronto include service charges added on by the ticket seller. All tickets were for actual seats.

4. Do you travel a lot to see your favourite team?

Yes I do. My favorite team is in Vancouver, which is a 1.5 hour ferry ride + 2 hr drive away from Victoria. I also watched them play on the road for the first time ever this year, in Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal.

5. Do you belong to a fan-club?

I guess that would depend on how you define 'fan club'. I belong to a club message board, and a mailing list for the club (it provides things like coupons for the team store, contests to win tickets, etc).

6. How important is the time you spend for your passion in ice hockey?

Important relative to what? You might want to make this an 'on a scale of 1 to 10' type question. ;)

I love watching hockey, but there are more important things in life. PVR (digital video recording) sure makes things easier though, allowing me to watch recorded games at a later time. Although hockey does tend to get a higher priority in playoffs if my team is playing. :D

Archived