The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

This Girl From Facebook...

justreal

There is this girl from Facebook that finds me cute, sexy, etc....and she asked me if i'd like to go out for a drink...ok thats cool.

Now I told her to double check my profile status which is "engaged" I am engaged...so she checks and say "oh sorry didn't know"...

...couple days later, she sends me a msg asking me again if I still like to go for a drink with her somewhere....I mean she's hot and all, but u know, u can't just go out for drink with her...anyway I didnt write her back yet, I just got that msg from here today..hehehe..maann

So wanted to ask u guys what do u think? and if u were in my spot, what would u write back or do?

YOU ARE ENGAGED.

SAY NO.

Also, have you ever considered that this might be your fiancee testing you by pretending to be someone else? I mean, not that I really think it is, but I know my sister did that to her boyfriend with an e-mail account once.

YOU ARE ENGAGED.

SAY NO.

Also, have you ever considered that this might be your fiancee testing you by pretending to be someone else? I mean, not that I really think it is, but I know my sister did that to her boyfriend with an e-mail account once.

If a woman EVER tried pulling that crap on me, I'd dump her faster than Laraque running away from a fight :P:D

If a woman EVER tried pulling that crap on me, I'd dump her faster than Laraque running away from a fight :P:D

Yeah, it's pretty dumb but her boyfriend was a jerk and I wouldn't have put it past him to cheat on her. Not something I'D ever pull, that's for sure. :P

YOU ARE ENGAGED.

SAY NO.

NO but like HONESTLY, my fiance is REALLY not that type of person that tests me or tries me, or do any of that sort of stuff...she trust me like crazy...It's not like Im gonna cheat on her and actually I might tell her about that story..or just forget about it like nothin happened and just not mention anything...

I feel like girl are crazy these days hehehe :)...no offense to the girls here...but they are not like they use to be..its not a bad thing.

There is this girl from Facebook that finds me cute, sexy, etc....and she asked me if i'd like to go out for a drink...ok thats cool.

Now I told her to double check my profile status which is "engaged" I am engaged...so she checks and say "oh sorry didn't know"...

She did read your profile correctly, trust me, if your profile read single you never would have heard of her...

meaning...?? so bcz im engaged, thats why she's bumping in to mo me? bcz she likes that?

i dont know if thats what u mean..

That is exactly what he means. :blink:

It's the same reason why married men who cheat on their wives like to go after divorced women.

One thing I would not do is ask my fiancee if I can go out with her. :blink::lol:

If your relationship with the fiancee is strong then I think you know deep down what is the right thing to do, but only you can decide what you are going to do. ;)

That is exactly what he means. :blink:

It's the same reason why married men who cheat on their wives like to go after divorced women.

One thing I would not do is ask my fiancee if I can go out with her. :blink::lol:

If your relationship with the fiancee is strong then I think you know deep down what is the right thing to do, but only you can decide what you are going to do. ;)

yup true that! we are strong together indeed.

yup true that! we are strong together indeed.

....well here is my 2 cents..you have two choices....1) ignore her..this is probably your best bet. If you don't answer her she should get the message and leave you alone...

2) you could email her again and remind her that you are engaged..this may just cause her to keep contacting you. She may be one of those women who go after married or engaged men. These women are more common than you may think. I have a job where I meet alot people everyday and I never got "hit on" by women until after I got married and then it started.....

My advice...take choice number one and just ignore her.....

....well here is my 2 cents..you have two choices....1) ignore her..this is probably your best bet. If you don't answer her she should get the message and leave you alone...

2) you could email her again and remind her that you are engaged..this may just cause her to keep contacting you. She may be one of those women who go after married or engaged men. These women are more common than you may think. I have a job where I meet alot people everyday and I never got "hit on" by women until after I got married and then it started.....

My advice...take choice number one and just ignore her.....

I think, in asking this question, you know the answer in your heart already.

If you like this facebook girl as a friend, then why not say "sure, we can go for a drink - let me just figure out when ____ (fiancee's name) is available & we can all go out."

I have plenty of female friends (many hot) but all of them are friends with my wife also & I never hide my actions with them. You're just setting yourself up for something bad to go down if you start keeping those sorts of secrets before you're even married ;)

Give her my number. I'll show her a good time... since you're afraid to. B) I would totally <edited>

This is a forum for fans of ALL ages. Please keep that in mind.

Hey if there's a guy thats not shy or afraid from women, it's me....and its not about being afraid...its about following ur guts and doing the right thing in ur heart and the fair thing. I am engaged to a sexy, beautiful, and caring woman and cant ask for anyone different in a million years. Im totally not missing anything to just go ahead and get it from somewhere else.

So I was honest to that girl and told her what needed to be said.

...couple days later, she sends me a msg asking me again if I still like to go for a drink with her somewhere....I mean she's hot and all, but u know, u can't just go out for drink with her...anyway I didnt write her back yet, I just got that msg from here today..hehehe..maann

So wanted to ask u guys what do u think? and if u were in my spot, what would u write back or do?

Message her back and politely decline and ignore any further invitations - 2 times should be plenty.

But this advice is only if you love your fiancee. Any man without any doubts would know immediately to ignore this request and the fact that you come to this board should cause you to ask some questions of yourself. This is a good time to take stock of your situation because you are not yet married and far too many people wait until after they are married to realize they are not where they want to be. So it is either the marriage or the facebook girl.

• 2 weeks later...
Message her back and politely decline and ignore any further invitations - 2 times should be plenty.

But this advice is only if you love your fiancee. Any man without any doubts would know immediately to ignore this request and the fact that you come to this board should cause you to ask some questions of yourself. This is a good time to take stock of your situation because you are not yet married and far too many people wait until after they are married to realize they are not where they want to be. So it is either the marriage or the facebook girl.

LOL I thought you wrote massage her back, not message her back. :lol:

"Sorry, I really can't, I'm getting married. Man, you're tense. Just tell me if I'm rubbing hard enough." :lol:

She is probably a scam from Nigeria..send her a few hundred bucks and she may stop for a week :D

You say your fiancee trusts you. How much trust do you think she will have if she finds out you are even considering going out with facebook girl?

You could end up loosing your fiancee over someone who may not be 'all that'. Her picture may not be an accurate representation of herself. Have you ever heard the expression "a 3 dressed up like a 9"?

Just politely decline and tell her AGAIN why.

• 1 year later...

Archived