4 - Flyers - 94pts - (5GR)

5 - Hurricanes - 93pts - (4GR)

6 - Penguins - 92 pts - (5GR)

7 - Canadiens - 90 pts - (5GR)

8 - Rangers - 89 pts - (4GR)

----------

9 - Panthers - 87 pts - (4GR)

10 - Sabres - 85 pts - (5GR)

It means that instead of needing 7 pts out of 10, we need 5 pts out of 10 (2 wins and 1OT) huge help!

Canadiens are safer for now. Hope panthers make the last spot over the rangers.

I hope so too, it's always fun to see new teams make the playoffs. If they make it, there would be 6 new teams and most of them were very unexpected at the beginning of the season (St-Louis, Columbus, Florida)

I'm particularly excited to see what the Blue Jackets and Blackhawks will do

Sweet loss to the Panthers. Thanks, Anderson, for taking that early stroll.

Now is the time to strike! The Magic Number is 6 now so any combination of 3 Habs victories or Florida losses and we should clinch, I'm pretty sure. Buffalo's in the mix there, too, but if we can get a big 'W' tomorrow and a favour from Pittsburgh on Sunday, we could be looking at the opportunity to secure our playoff spot with any win in our last 4 games.

If the strong play continues, there's no reason we can't roll over the Leafs. Of course, we all have said that about them and other teams on so many occasions it's not even funny. Anything can happen. But only if you lose control of the game and if the Boys come out strong, get on the board first, we might be able to knock them off their game enough to force them into mistakes. Toronto just got spanked by Philadelphia and still managed to score 5 goals. I didn't see the game but they were down 6-0 at one point, outscored the Flyers 3-1 in the 2nd and probably never gave up the whole time.

There's nothing so dangerous as a team with nothing to lose. And for Toronto, when they've already been eliminated, bragging rights on the Habs is a lot to play for.

Don't ever let up.

GO HABS GO!!

It's time for the Losing Laffs to meet the Real Habs!

We have a score to settle in this one. I've already posted that I'd like to see a commanding win which includes seeing Grabovski steamrolled and crushed.

I also think it would be a perfect time for the Pleks line to light a fire.

You know, when you think about it, if that secenario actually happens, the boys could be on their way to making a real run at the dream season we all wanted to see, but lost hope for during the slump earlier in the season. But maybe it will be better if the opponents don't know what hit them before it's too late!

It's time for the Losing Laffs to meet the Real Habs!

We have a score to settle in this one. I've already posted that I'd like to see a commanding win which includes seeing Grabovski steamrolled and crushed.

I also think it would be a perfect time for the Pleks line to light a fire.

You know, when you think about it, if that secenario actually happens, the boys could be on their way to making a real run at the dream season we all wanted to see, but lost hope for during the slump earlier in the season. But maybe it will be better if the opponents don't know what hit them before it's too late!

I so desperately hope, dream, wish and pray that we do get a real run out of this season. Given what an up and down season it's been, though, I'm trying to keep my eyes on the baby steps. We need to get to the start of the playoffs before we can start any sort of run at all.

With respect to the bolded part, I think, if we truly are finally coming together and peaking, the timing couldn't be any better. So many teams were ready for us last year, especially our power play, but I think our recent ineptitude might allow us to catch a team off-guard.

Of course, anything and everything happens in 7 games, which is whey I'm trying to keep myself at 1 game at a time. ;)

Not to get ahead of everything, but it seems that 96pts is our magic number. Right now we have 90pts with 5 games remaining. The Panthers and Sabres can only finish the season with as many as 95pts.

Nah, 95 is still the magic number because the 1st tiebreaker is number of wins, we would be tied at 42 wins, but we've won 4 games out of 5 against the Panthers so we're the one who'd make the playoffs.

i dont call a 3pt gap safe, we have an out of this world opportunity on the line here to push the gap to 5... are we going to let the Leafs stop us again?

i dont call a 3pt gap safe, we have an out of this world opportunity on the line here to push the gap to 5... are we going to let the Leafs stop us again?

Youppi....nice graphic BTW

Coach Wilson should be in there for coach of the year....I think this guy knows how to light a fire under any bunch of players who lace up a skate. My hat off to you sir.

Well, for those of you who watched.... we saw just why the Flyers won't win a Cup with Biron in between the pipes.

The Laffs have been taught not to quit........it must have been hard for Wilson to break that tradition of quitting over 4 decades :D , but he's done it.

The good guys must never let up tomorrow against this crew of "going-nowheres once again". It's Halak's chance to redeem himself and help us nudge ever closer to "life after the regular season".

Let's hope the Laffs run out of gas in the 2nd & 3rd period with 3 games in 4 nights. Do the damage early, and play the body all the rest of the way to tire them out.

2 pts......2 pts..... 2pts...2pts 2pts ...2pts.......

My prediction 5-2 in favor of the Good Guys :D

Nah, 95 is still the magic number because the 1st tiebreaker is number of wins, we would be tied at 42 wins, but we've won 4 games out of 5 against the Panthers so we're the one who'd make the playoffs.

If we're strictly talking about points here, 95 wouldn't necessarily cut it. If Florida and Buffalo win the rest of their games this season, their records would look like:

Florida - 95pts (42-29-11)

Buffalo - 95pts (43-30-9)

If we only make 95pts, best case our record is 42-29-11. Worst case our record is 40-27-15.

We will absolutely destroy the leafs tomorrow. We were not in a good state when they beat us twice. 2 points tomorrow for sure. We have come too far in the last 7 games to let these clowns take it to us.

if we want the puck more than they do on every shift which we should we will have a good chance to win this game, but you know they want nothing more than to hand us a crucial loss. they will be ready

they have beaten us 3 times this year so far... i want to see all the guys play pissed off

I will be at the game tommrow night Sec 324 8th row Greens!

GO HABS GO!!!!

They better win this one.. I have been two 5 games this season I am 1-1 in Toronto and a brutal 0-3 in Montreal so I need this win to keep my self of a very high ledge!!

Sad to see Kostitsyn is unlikely to play but hopefuly all we will need is the Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay line to earn 2 points.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Archived