The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs-themed Baking

bortycuz

I baked this cake as a surprise for my boyfriend for his birthday last August. It was a big hit with his family (it broke his heart to cut it - ha ha), and I was recruited to bake another for his nephew's birthday in December! I've also done a few smaller projects - mini cupcakes for Patrick Roy's jersey retirement night and for our friend Dave's birthday.

Has any one else baked anything Habs-related for a fan in their life, or for a special game? I am going to need some new ideas before August! :)

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

I baked this cake as a surprise for my boyfriend for his birthday last August. It was a big hit with his family (it broke his heart to cut it - ha ha), and I was recruited to bake another for his nephew's birthday in December! I've also done a few smaller projects - mini cupcakes for Patrick Roy's jersey retirement night and for our friend Dave's birthday.

Has any one else baked anything Habs-related for a fan in their life, or for a special game? I am going to need some new ideas before August! :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qIBrfszmPZw/ST6f...00/IMG_1425.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qIBrfszmPZw/STAv...00/IMG_1371.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qIBrfszmPZw/Sdj9...00/IMG_2541.JPG

mmm, cake...

All I see are red X's.

But the one in your avatar looks tasty and well made.

click the above URLs to see the pics... I guess this board or the blogspot site doesn't like the hot linking...

at first I wasn't sure the avatar pic wasn't of a bathmat! :P but I can see from the full-size pic it's just an excellent piping job... :D

Oh no!! They showed up fine in the preview! Let's try this again:

Logo cake:

n106500499_30450866_335852.jpg

Patrick Roy jersey retirement night cupcakes:

3043_509037613446_106500499_30450867_2919980_n.jpg

Birthday cupcakes:

n106500499_30450865_901436.jpg

I just came back from supper, and those pictures made me hungry again. Man, those look tasty, especially that cake. If you're selling, i'm buying.

I love to cook, and bake, and to mak things like those would be a dream. At this moment, I'm merely a rookie baker. Nice going, I'll definetely be sending pictures of my Habs style cookies this summer.

For my 18th birthday my Mom took a Canadiens puck to our local bakery and ask them to make a cake as close a possible... They did a great job even had black icing for the puck and they got the logo right as well..I was very surprised and very very pleased.....

When I was 10 years old my mom made me a "Peter Puck Cake". It was the coolest thing, unfortunatly we didn't have a camera in the house back then, it was 37 years ago... yeah, go ahead...do the math!

That's Ok the birthday in my original post...( the top one here) was 32 years ago...so you can do the math youngster!!...remember at our age we are in about the last generation who can do the math in our heads!

Archived