yulra_phototour06.jpg

at the Bell Centre.

GOALIES

Marc Andre Fleury

fleury.jpg

vs.

Carey Price

Price.jpg

Habs Magic Number is 0. Habs are off to the post-season.

Tied in points with the Rangers for 7th place, the Canadiens can secure 7th spot and a date with Washington next week but only if the Rangers get less out of their game against Philadelphia tomorrow than the Habs do tonight. A tie lands the Habs in 8th due to greater number of wins for NY. That would set up another opening round meeting with the Bruins, although both teams would be playing from the other side of the standings than when they met last year.

Once more with feeling, gang. After this, the games are worth a lot more than 2 points.

GO HABS GO!!!

Another great GDT, FL. It's basically a game of where and who we want to play next week (not considering the Rags game of course). We can't think about tomorrow - metal to the pedal, full steam ahead. It won't be as feisty as Thursday's game - let's rock 'n roll and beat these suckers.

GO HABBIES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

From CKAC sports...

lineup :

D'Ags - Plekanec - Andrei K

Tender - Lapierre - Kosto

the next 2 lines might switch centermen during the game

Higgins - Metropolit - Kovy

Laraque - Koivu - Stewart

Hammer - Komisarek

Schneider - Weber (he will play regular shifts, entirely on defense)

Gorges - Dandenault

Price in net

O'Byrne out, Tanguay out (he needs to rest to be ready for the playoffs), Breezer out, Sergei practiced and is ready for the playoffs if Gainey needs him, but he won't play

GO HABS GO!!!!

I want to finish 7th (so we can play washington) but I just can't see the Rangers losing against the Flyers on sunday...

Oh well it's destiny that we play the bruins in the first round.

If we face them in the play-offs anything can happen!!

Hi there! Since you're new to the forums, a friendly word of advice: avoid using the color red for your posts, as moderators here frequently use it to indicate warning text. :)

GO HABS GO!

From CKAC sports...

lineup :

D'Ags - Plekanec - Andrei K

Tender - Lapierre - Kosto

the next 2 lines might switch centermen during the game

Higgins - Metropolit - Kovy

Laraque - Koivu - Stewart

Hammer - Komisarek

Schneider - Weber (he will play regular shifts, entirely on defense)

Gorges - Dandenault

Price in net

O'Byrne out, Tanguay out (he needs to rest to be ready for the playoffs), Breezer out, Sergei practiced and is ready for the playoffs if Gainey needs him, but he won't play

Koivu with BGL and Stewart is a total waste. Hopefully Bob has sense and plays him with Kovy and Higgins.

I have no idea why BGL and Stewart are playing at all against a high flying team like the Penguins.

Koivu with BGL and Stewart is a total waste. Hopefully Bob has sense and plays him with Kovy and Higgins.

I have no idea why BGL and Stewart are playing at all against a high flying team like the Penguins.

My guess is that he's hoping to restrict Koivu's minutes so he's ready for the playoffs - same with the Kovy, Metropolit, Higgins line. Just let the young guys play the big minutes tonight.

Great thread FlyingLion.

I always hate when these two play each other since I like both teams. There’s a lot at stake for both teams. The Pens battling with Philly and Carolina for 4th & The Habs battling with the Rangers for 7th. With that said I have to go for the Pens cuz I want them to have 4th and have home ice advantage. If that makes me a traitor then so be it. I don’t care. May the best team win.

cooltext70479210.gif

I may be going for the Pens tonight, but will go for the Habs along with the Pens come playoff time. I want both teams to have a good run and have one of them to win it all.

why not let them play, funny koivu in between those two big guys...he is gonna have some serioius muscle on his line.....oh and again why not let them play, this game means nothing, time to try out some strange combos and see what happens.

GO HABS GO!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

I want to finish 7th (so we can play washington) but I just can't see the Rangers losing against the Flyers on sunday...

Oh well it's destiny that we play the bruins in the first round.

classic-big.jpg

If we face them in the play-offs anything can happen!!

spring ritual

Go HABS GO!

Congrats to St. Louis for makin the playoffs for the first time in 4 years.

what? lol

If I were a betting man, I'd say the Flyers beat the Rangers tonight. They're probably still a little pissed about that first goal against them last game.

It really will be nice to watch a game without 5 tons of pressure on the team (maybe only about 1.5 tons tonight). Just quickly looking at the standings, it really looks like it boils down to the following...

If we get more points than the Rangers tonight, we move up to 7th and face the Caps first round. Otherwise, we have a date with Boston.

They have us beat in the first tie-breaker scenario (# wins), so if both teams end up with the same result tonight (or they get more points than us), the Rags stay in 7th.

Great thread FlyingLion.

I always hate when these two play each other since I like both teams. There’s a lot at stake for both teams. The Pens battling with Philly and Carolina for 4th & The Habs battling with the Rangers for 7th. With that said I have to go for the Pens cuz I want them to have 4th and have home ice advantage. If that makes me a traitor then so be it. I don’t care. May the best team win.

cooltext70479210.gif

I may be going for the Pens tonight, but will go for the Habs along with the Pens come playoff time. I want both teams to have a good run and have one of them to win it all.

how can you be a traitor when you were never a fan in the first place lol

QUOTE (paul_b @ Apr 11 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why not let them play, funny koivu in between those two big guys...he is gonna have some serioius muscle on his line.....oh and again why not let them play, this game means nothing, time to try out some strange combos and see what happens.

GO HABS GO!!

I think our confidence is still fragile, so I think we should ice our best team and play the Pens as hard as we can. A win would be a huge boost.

AK should be in this game. He showed signs of life last game, and a goal or two in a wide open game tonight could be a big boost. There is no sense in scratching him tonight if we hope to use him at all in the playoffs.

Obviously if Koivu plays between BGL and Stewart, it won't be because it's our best chance to win the game. They're probably either limiting his minutes, or making sure somebody doesn't take a run at him.

I missed last game. I'm excited to see Weber play tonight.

RDS saying its to give a rest to some players

GO HABS GO!

End this on a high note!

Archived