The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Discussion: Boston (1) Vs Montreal (8)

DREAMON

220 members have voted

1. 1. Final result?

• Boston in 4-5
    • Boston in 6-7
    • Montreal in 4-5
    • Montreal in 6-7

you know i am ones of the biggest mtl cdn fans since i was a kid . all time favorite team. just look at my collections PLUS .

it looks likes many members here according to atleast the polls i notice tend to go for montreal reguardless of the facts or stats etc etc. i notice a good haft of the poll wanted boston to meet mtl in the first round. now i know it is one of the biggest rivals foresure.

BUT what are you nice folks thinking. you want the best team to play mtl in first round so the chances of mtl getting knocked out sooner is EXTREMELY likely , i am a realist. mtl needs a merical.. i wil be on the edge of my old mtl forum seat seat or climbing the walls .

i would rather mtl get the easy teams first . let someone esle take on boston etc, in hopes the tuffest team competion for mtl or any cdn team , get knocked out by other teams.

i hope to god mtl makes it , i will cross my fingers scream and yell while watch the games. but there chancs are ???? i know teams change a bit during playoffs . but not all can or do.

same thing has in the play offs i hate seeing one cdn team taking on a nother cdn team right off the bat . because then you have one less cdn team left to go for the cup.

of cousre it would be great to see 2 cdn teams in the finals, and that is still a dream too.

-------

AK edit:

unofficial dates, from Martin Maguire (CKAC):

Game 1 : Thursday April 16

Game 2 : Sunday April 19

Game 3 : Monday April 20

Game 4 : Wednesday April 22

Game 5* : Friday April 24

Game 6* : Monday April 27

Game 7* : Wednesday April 29

I honestly think they have a shot. This team is notorious for stepping up their game against the elite teams of the NHL and this year, one of those elite team is obviously Boston. If the last game they played was a precursor to what we're going to see it's going to be one hell of a series. The history and rivalry between these two teams will only add to what should be a great match up. They're going to slaughter each other.

Montreal in 7.

I honestly think they have a shot. This team is notorious for stepping up their game against the elite teams of the NHL and this year, one of those elite team is obviously Boston. If the last game they played was a precursor to what we're going to see it's going to be one hell of a series. The history and rivalry between these two teams will only add to what should be a great match up. They're going to slaughter each other.

Montreal in 7.

Yup, gonna be a great series.

But I hope the HABS win in 6 though, so they can win in front of the home crowd.

Candiens could win, but they really have to tighten up the defense and exploit Tim Thomas's weaknesses on offence. They also have to stop icing the puck for no apparent reason like they did in the last game against the Bruins.

Are Bouillon and Lang both definitely gone for the duration?

I will be cheering for my beloved Habs all the way. Everytime we play the B's we have a shot. It seems like we always come in as a underdog for every series against them. I guess it's because they always think Bruins are gonna run us out of the rink. The Habs have been in a play off atmosphere for the past month. I still think that Markov plays in game 1 or game 2 for sure. I have the Habs in 6 maybe 7.

The only way Montreal has a chance is if they get their noses dirty. If they play soft they will have no chance. If they battle like warriors and Price hangs in tough then Montreal most certainly has a chance. Montreal has to be up for the challange - Boston has a great team.

Boston in five .

Lucic will get under their skin and they'll spend too much time worrying about him

I think it's going to be Boston worrying to much about Komisarek, that they'll get completely distracted.

I think Montreal has a serious chance, especially if Price and consistently play well all series long and make HUGE saves like he did tonight vs the Pens. I think the Habs are going to take the series 4-3 in a very physical and exciting series.

GO HABS GO!

Habs in 6

With Markov in the line up

We need to win one in Boston and after in the Bell Center anything can happen

BGL will make a difference

BGL is more like the problem....he is our tuff guy and he can't play hockey to save his life... nobody is intimidated by him and they won't fight him.. so he ends up a useless pylon for the to skate around we need a TUFF GUY that can skate shoot score help out LARAQUE is useless ok so it seemed like he had some chances in todays game...why cause he was playing with saku we cannot afford saku on the 4th line in the playoffs

BGL is more like the problem....he is our tuff guy and he can't play hockey to save his life... nobody is intimidated by him and they won't fight him.. so he ends up a useless pylon for the to skate around we need a TUFF GUY that can skate shoot score help out LARAQUE is useless ok so it seemed like he had some chances in todays game...why cause he was playing with saku we cannot afford saku on the 4th line in the playoffs

Nobody's intimidated by him? Why wouldn't Lucic fight him? What about Sauer? How about Rechlicz getting into the fight with BGL and taking about 15-20 seconds to go in? Nobody is afraid of BGL, amirite?

Whatever it is you have against him, it's pretty ridiculous. You bash on the guy non frickin' stop. He hasn't been 100% all season; not even at the beginning.

i aggree boston in 5 or mtl ?? in 7.... need both one of the goalies to be hot.

to get by thomas shoot for top corners mostly blocker side. he's too good between the legs and down low...but mtl down some good players.

mtl all it life players better and for years was known as a dump in and chase it team. they have needed to get back to that for years. that gets there speed going. everyone says they player way better way they skate..

going to be tuff hitting hope mtl is up to it.

question with more goalies using the butterfly style . they need to be taught to stay standing a little longer before going down. i see it over and over again.

We might as well throw in the towel boys P.J. Stock on CBC and Kelly Hrudey have the Habs already written off. I know I was totally shocked....NOT!! ...to see that coming. No one ever gives Montreal a chance to win, but I bet if Toronto was playing Boston with the team they have right now, they would be given a chance. What a bunch of sorry arses they are. Like P.J. Stock was a rough and tumble kind of guy, gimme a break. He must be related to Maggie the monkey on TSN. That's it P.J. is CBC's version of Maggie the Monkey. :lol:

Archived