The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Sign Dany Massé

tache

His line dominate like monster in the PO. They seem to be in another league. I don't see any teams stop them in the LHJMQ.

They executed so much faster then the Juniors it was sad to watch. I think they can suprise in the Memorial Cup

Here's a guy who was a late bloomer. A couple years in Hamilton with others pushing him for a job and him pushing for one can not only help his development but help the club. MMW this kid will see icetime as a hab next season. He may seem a little small but I've seen him play and he is strong on the puck and has good skating abilities, he has a style similar to Crosby's (but obviously not the same talent level!).

Here's a guy who was a late bloomer. A couple years in Hamilton with others pushing him for a job and him pushing for one can not only help his development but help the club. MMW this kid will see icetime as a hab next season. He may seem a little small but I've seen him play and he is strong on the puck and has good skating abilities, he has a style similar to Crosby's (but obviously not the same talent level!).

I think we need to concentrate on getting size instead of the pip squeaks.ike last year we sign 5'10 Brook Trotter,Bruins sign 6'4 blake wheeler. What a difference. the bruins scouting has put ousr to shame lately. We have 2 of the top 10 AHL rookie scorers,their answer is Bergeron(23),krajcic (22),Kessel (21),Lucic (20).

Hockey Stats: http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?p...sLeadersGeneral

Player page: http://www.voltigeurs.ca/dany-masse.html

masse.jpg

POSITION : Left Wing

Height : 5' 10

Weight : 188 LBS

Shot : Left

Year Of Birth : 1990-04-19

Where he was born : LA POCATIÈRE, QC, CANADA

Either his age is wrong or his birthday is wrong. Im 19 and my year of birth is 89

What is it with the signing of smaller players. The only thing the I see wrong with this picture is we seem to always stack up on the short end of the stick when it comes playoff time when teams bring more toughness to the table. We should be looking for that big centre and some brusing d-men or wingers when they come to scouting the free agent talents. Do anyone believe that this player will be a NHL player over the course of the next 2-3 years? I never put much stock into player stats at the junior level or the AHL level for that matter. The NHL is a whole different game and all of these high scoring players in the "Q" or the WHL, OHL very rarely score more than 20 goals a season if they're lucky.

The games at those levels are more mistake oriented and if you are a skilled player you can put up numbers in those leagues AHL included. This is why if your not committed to a system or hard work you remain in the AHL. Gotta have a good mix of size and talent when putting together a good team. Nothing wrong with having guys 5'10" as long as you also have guys at 6'0", 6'2", and anywhere from 200-220 lbs. This will always give the little guy room to use some of his skill.

What is it with the signing of smaller players. The only thing the I see wrong with this picture is we seem to always stack up on the short end of the stick when it comes playoff time when teams bring more toughness to the table. We should be looking for that big centre and some brusing d-men or wingers when they come to scouting the free agent talents. Do anyone believe that this player will be a NHL player over the course of the next 2-3 years? I never put much stock into player stats at the junior level or the AHL level for that matter. The NHL is a whole different game and all of these high scoring players in the "Q" or the WHL, OHL very rarely score more than 20 goals a season if they're lucky.

The games at those levels are more mistake oriented and if you are a skilled player you can put up numbers in those leagues AHL included. This is why if your not committed to a system or hard work you remain in the AHL. Gotta have a good mix of size and talent when putting together a good team. Nothing wrong with having guys 5'10" as long as you also have guys at 6'0", 6'2", and anywhere from 200-220 lbs. This will always give the little guy room to use some of his skill.

I wouldn't worry about it. Habs had to replace Grabovksi, I guess. :D

What's wrong with signing a smaller player???...because every once in awhile there is a Martin St Louis,Saku Koivu,Steve Sullivan,Yvon Cournyea,Pocket Rocket,Paul Kariya,Pat Lafontaine or Daniel Briere to name just a few smaller men

Theres nothing wrong with signing a small player BUT there is something wrong with signing a BUNCH of small players. The Montreal system is overcrowded with small players. What this team needs is SIZE, STRENGTH, GRIT, GRIND and GOALS. What will it take for Bob to realize that? I have no clue. So he finished 2nd in scoring in the Q league. Big deal. That means a huge cup of jack squat at the NHL level. I'm sick of these tiny players on the team who are routinely being knocked around and rendered useless by teams like the Bruins, Panthers, Flyers and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Dany Masse opened the scoring for Drummondville tonight, and the Voltigeurs have not looked back, building a convincing 5-1 lead over shell-shocked Shawinigan in the second period.

Drummondville currently holds a 2-1 lead in games and can push Shawinigan to the brink of elimination with a victory tonight.

In addition to the marker tonight, Masse also tallied two goals in the last game, and has 14 goals in 16 games so far in the 09 Q-League playoffs.

If the Volts take the Cats in the final, we'll get to see Masse versus Fortier in the Cup.

Keep it up Dany Boy!

PS: While I was typing this, he got another. 6-1 Volts. Masse now at 15 goals in 16 games.

Dany Masse opened the scoring for Drummondville tonight, and the Voltigeurs have not looked back, building a convincing 5-1 lead over shell-shocked Shawinigan in the second period.

Drummondville currently holds a 2-1 lead in games and can push Shawinigan to the brink of elimination with a victory tonight.

In addition to the marker tonight, Masse also tallied two goals in the last game, and has 14 goals in 16 games so far in the 09 Q-League playoffs.

If the Volts take the Cats in the final, we'll get to see Masse versus Fortier in the Cup.

Keep it up Dany Boy!

PS: While I was typing this, he got another. 6-1 Volts. Masse now at 15 goals in 16 games.

Wow... he does sound great! Hopefully this translates into the higher leagues like the AHL and NHL. I think he might be able to do it, hopefully he is our young version of St. Louis.

Wow... he does sound great! Hopefully this translates into the higher leagues like the AHL and NHL. I think he might be able to do it, hopefully he is our young version of St. Louis.

He does sound good, but we already have our version of Marty St. Louis in Hamilton and his name is David Desharnais. He did quite well on the third and fourth line for points. I think he was in the top 5 for rookies with Ben Maxwell too.

Hopefully we will see Dany in Hamilton next season.

Dany will probably be given every opportunity to start next season in Hamilton, considering our lack of farm depth at forward, but if he struggles, he may require a stint with the Cyclones.

No worries. We've got him for three years, so time is on our side.

As far as his size, he's a little small, but he definitely ain't Desharnais small.

Masse is listed at 5'10" and 190 pounds, while Dezzy goes 5'6" (and that's generous) and 175 lbs.

Four to five inches and 15 pounds is a sizable difference, no pun intended.

To put it another way, Masse is the exact same size as Koivu, both in height and weight.

I'm not saying he'll perform at the same level, but at least he'll wear the same jersey size.

And as Tache mentioned in an earlier post, let's not forget that Masse is a FA acquisition.

We did not waste a draft pick on him, or give away prospects in a trade.

We simply signed him off the street.

So if he never makes the big show, all we're out is a few bucks.

IMO, that's a gamble worth taking.

I agree. Bigger and tougher and he'll get more respect on the ice and have room to show his skill. Remember that Plekanic was strong at the start too. Till he got knocked around a bunch, lost his confidence and never regained it. He avoided the corners and in front of the net it was like the defencemen were shooing a fly away. His playoff run was abysmal to say the least. This guy is 5'10" like Plekanic lol, I'm taller than both of them. I don't see anything in this guy to jump up and down about. Trade bait if anything. AHL and NHL are completely different worlds for a hockey player.

Guys, if Dany was 6' 3" and 220 pounds, this thread wouldn't exist.

With those dimensions, and his skills, he would have been selected in his first draft year, and we would never have been able to scoop him up for nothing.

Nothing wrong with little guys.

The problem is little guys without any big guys around.

Archived