The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Thread: Sharks (1) Vs Ducks (8)

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sharks
    • Ducks

I watched a bit of the game last night and the Ducks were completely dominating.

The Ray Whitney trade was obviously a good trade for them, they were on fire entering the post-season.

Too bad we didn't fork over the peanuts necessary to pick up Whitney.

I watched a few sharks games this year VS Boston, Dallas and Detroit. I jumped on the bandwagon (as my western fav). That was until i heard Joe T brag how big and strong they are after the habs vs sharks game. I giggled watching the post game reaction interview after Game 2 it was kinda funny seeing that ego get popped.

Although I think thornton is a douch. I still really like Setoguchi and Nabokov. I hope they go far (but not at the cost of the CH of course).

I watched a bit of the game last night and the Ducks were completely dominating.

The Ray Whitney trade was obviously a good trade for them, they were on fire entering the post-season.

Too bad we didn't fork over the peanuts necessary to pick up Whitney.

You mean Ryan Whitney but it was a good trade, yes.

Watched a bit of last night's game, half of the first and half of the second period.

At first the Sharks were dominating, the Ducks could only get weak shots on Nabokov, kind of like how the Bruins dominated the Habs. A turning point was when the Sharks were completely dismantling a Ducks power play. Ducks could get nothing going on, they'd get kicked out of the zone, then with thirty seconds left after trying and trying it started working. They got good puck cycling going, and after the PP ended they kept up the pressure some more for like 45 seconds. Some time later came Bobby Ryan's goal.

Joe Thornton is still not a playoff player. That's ok for a superstar in his second season, but usually by their 57th effort at the playoffs good players have adapted. He has not.

Bobby Ryan - what a player. An amazing player. Maybe he'll compete for the Art Ross one day. Rookie of the year without a doubt. He scores, he passes, he's 6"2, and he shoots right. To think at the beginning of the year the ducks were looking to trade him. We could have, should have offered them Kovalev for example, or Komisarek. We did not, because Bob Gainey is not forward thinking in that manner.

With more competent management we would also have another Ducks linchpin, Francois Beauchemin, but that's another story ...

Man oh man. How does a team that is predicted to compete for a Cup, year after year, manage to disappoint so heavily?

I've been watching the games, Evgeni Nabokov is their biggest problem. He kept letting in goals. They need to upgrade or they'll never win.

Also, Anaheim is not a real 8th place team like the habs. They upgraded at the deadline and won 10 of their last 13 games finishing the regular season. They also made the switch from Giguere to Hiller this season, trending them upwards.

The Ducks are the dark horse of the playoffs. Not only have they retained most of the guys from their Cup run in 2007, but they have made serious upgrades and were playing really good hockey towards the end of the season. They have what it takes to upset their way to a Stanley Cup.

I've been watching the games, Evgeni Nabokov is their biggest problem. He kept letting in goals. They need to upgrade or they'll never win.

Also, Anaheim is not a real 8th place team like the habs. They upgraded at the deadline and won 10 of their last 13 games finishing the regular season. They also made the switch from Giguere to Hiller this season, trending them upwards.

I agree that San Jose needs improvements, but Nabokov has been pretty darn good for them during the regular season, hasn't he? Maybe Nabokov has caught a case of the Joe Thornton flu. Perhaps he can't elevate his game when it matters the most, because he plays pretty well in the regular season. I agree that Anaheim is much better than Montreal. They only finished in 8th, but they were definitely on the rise heading into the post-season. It will be interesting to see how Anaheim matches up with Detroit in the next round.

The Ducks are the dark horse of the playoffs. Not only have they retained most of the guys from their Cup run in 2007, but they have made serious upgrades and were playing really good hockey towards the end of the season. They have what it takes to upset their way to a Stanley Cup.

Agree! I am interested to see how Detroit plays them.

I don't what's worse going into the playoffs in 1st overall and getting knocked out in the first round or getting swept in round while being in 8th.

Too bad for those Sharks they have one amazing season this year and another poor performance in the playoffs

I'm sure Detroit will not sweep this series up

Archived