The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Thread: Blackhawks (4) Vs Flames (5)

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Blackhawks
    • Flames

I am not sure what to make of this series. The Hawks are the better team, no question. However, I think Iginla's leadership along with the team's overall waking, like every year, will carry them through the series. I think the Flames will win, but it came down to a proverbial coin flip.

Man, do I love watching Martin Havlat. I've always maintained that he's an absolute elite talent and is among the best in the league when healthy (although staying healthy is quite the problem), and he showed exactly why tonight. He has an utterly fantastic release, great vision, and is a very smooth skater. I think he'll be really key in Chicago's chances of making a deep push.

"He (Havlat) has scored a lot of big goals for us this year," Khabibulin said. "Tonight he put us on his back."

• 2 weeks later...
I think Chicago is just that good. With the Sharks now gone, I think any team (including Detroit) would be hard pressed to beat Chicago this year. Im expecting a Bruins/Hawks showdown.

Oh... I don't know. I think the Hawks have great coaching, but the core of their offensive threat is very young. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Detroit, Anaheim, or Vancouver walk all over Chicago! Chicago has a bright future, but I don't think they're going to make it past the next round.

I think Chicago is just that good. With the Sharks now gone, I think any team (including Detroit) would be hard pressed to beat Chicago this year. Im expecting a Bruins/Hawks showdown.

the bruins arent gona make it to the finals...one of the teams in the east are gona expose thomas...i think detroit v pens again

Archived