The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Thread: Capitals (2) Vs Rangers (7)

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Capitals
    • Rangers

Wow. That first game suprised me. There were 4 things:

1. Avery didn't get another tule named after him. I'm actually serious too.

2. AO was held to 2 assists. However, he had a lot of hits, and a great game nonetheless.

3. Theodore is usually a pressure goalie. He failed.

4. Washington was held to 3 goals. They were dominated in the entire game, especially the transition, where the Caps excel.

Guest olddude
Wow. That first game suprised me. There were 4 things:

1. Avery didn't get another tule named after him. I'm actually serious too.

2. AO was held to 2 assists. However, he had a lot of hits, and a great game nonetheless.

3. Theodore is usually a pressure goalie. He failed.

4. Washington was held to 3 goals. They were dominated in the entire game, especially the transition, where the Caps excel.

I don't know what game you watched, but the Caps dominated that game. If Theodore could have stopped anything they would have won.

And AO was credited with the first goal which was later give to another player because it hit his stick on the way in, AO was a beast in that game.

One of the Rangers goals should not have counted, Avery should have gotten a tripping penalty on the Caps defenceman, which led to a goal. I don't know how the refs' missed it, it was right where the play was happening.

The Caps should have won that game.

Yeah the only thing worse than the officiating in that game was Theodore.

Glad to see the Rags brought the Greg Louganis playbook to the rink, too.

Caps need to find a way to beat Lunk, but with their choices in goal I'm not sure they have a chance to go very far regardless of how many times Ovie scores.

Lundqvist was amazing today. Varlamov was great too, especially considering it was his first NHL playoff start (and he has very little NHL experience to boot). I'm quite surprised they moved away from Theodore though.

I definitely did not expect New York to be up 2-0, but I don't think the Capitals are out of it at all.

Guest olddude
Lundqvist was amazing today. Varlamov was great too, especially considering it was his first NHL playoff start (and he has very little NHL experience to boot). I'm quite surprised they moved away from Theodore though.

I definitely did not expect New York to be up 2-0, but I don't think the Capitals are out of it at all.

I don't think they are out yet either, AO could hurt you by himself.

Varmalov is the youngest player in NHL history to record a playoff shutout (20).

I got to see his debut live when I was in Montreal this year, I was extremely impressed.

He's been nothing short of impressive, he's played almost two full games of shutout hockey. Looks like Boudreau made the right move after game one.

Sean Avery punches Varmalov

http://my.thescore.com/scoreblog/archive/2...defend-him.aspx

This is just hilarious because of two things:

1. Avery tries smack talking with him and the goalie doesn't speak a word of English.

2. Tort's reaction afterwards.

To add to that from last night's game:

In my opinion both of those penalties from Avery are blatent attempts to injure but the second is worthy of a suspension for the remainder of the playoffs. How can a guy two-hand someone in the face with his stick and only get a minor penalty? It is just absurd and we are now seeing that Avery has not changed one iota and he needs to be banned from the NHL as soon as possible. Incidentally in another even which is now part of the above video but was shown during Coach's Corner, one of the Capitals fell against the boards during a icing call I believe and after the play had been blown dead Avery skated up to the player sitting on the ice and stuck his stick against the guys throat with obvious intention. I mean, what does he need to do to finally cross the line? He very easily could have seriously injured one of the two players he hit last night. Do we seriously need to wait until he ends some kid's career? He disgusts me.

This series is going to get much more interesting as per NHL.com, Torts has been suspended 1 game. Yes, that's right; John Tortorella.

it's the irony of the week: Torts scratches Avery for bad behavior, and then he goes and gets suspended for hitting a fan in the face with a water bottle

someone needs anger management course 101

Archived