The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 2 | 8:00 Pm Saturday April 18th,2009 | Montreal Canadiens Vs Boston Bruins | Boston Leads Series 1-0 |

sssfffs

We deserved to win last game, the ref ruined the game for us as usual. I was opptimistic to begin with, but with officiating like last game it's impossible for us to win.

It always seem it's easy to blame refs for our loses,we have too learn to stop taking dumb penalties.one's which come back on us & costs us the game. ;)

I think Laraque could be a presence in the series, but with our top scoring line missing Tanguay for Laraque (for the majority of the game) how much offence are we lacking. We're likely going to need 3 goals or more per game to have a chance in this series. If Gainey wants to break up a scoring line, it may as well be the Plek's line. I think tonite, we will see Lappy and Metro bring their game to the next level. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!

It always seem it's easy to blame refs for our loses,we have too learn to stop taking dumb penalties.one's which come back on us & costs us the game. ;)

I am not one to blame refs when we take our fair share of penalties but last game was disgrace. Plekanec's penalty was not an elbow, no matter what anyone says and especially not in the playoffs! When Lucic came flying down the ice uncontrolably then falls, that too is definitely not a penalty. The referees are a part of the game and we have to live with their decisions but it is very, very frustrating and annoying to watch such an inconsistent display of reffing! Actually it was consistent, the Habs were getting called and the Bruins weren't! Oh well, if it were the other way around we'd be happy and take the win! So, I hope that we can battle through any adversity and out score them!

Here's to a well fought game and a Habs victory, come home with a 1-1 series tie boys! You can do it!

So I don't know if anyone heard but me, but I did hear on LCN last night like at 2:30AM that Markov will most probably be in uniform on Wednesday GAME 4. Lets cross our fingers for him to be back...God I miss the guy.

Lets go for the win tonight, lets rip 1 away from the Bruins...

GO HABS GOOOO!!!!!

Guest olddude
this is pretty much or season tonight if we go down 2-0 the lights will be out, we need the first goal more than anything else cant stress how important it is for us to get out front first

Agreed, and once we get there, none of this trying to defend a lead mode. Petal to the metal all the way.

GO HABS GO

Agreed, and once we get there, none of this trying to defend a lead mode. Petal to the metal all the way.

GO HABS GO

if we score first there will be hope, if the bruins get out front and get the building going it will be bad

Francis Bouillon will play tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (RDS)

Hope he will, thats a great positive thing!

So tonight if we could be a bit more disciplined, and try to press their buttons a bit (in a disciplined way), and if we could get the 1rst goal, would be just great! Bcz I feel like BOS are on their edge and they need just that little to tip them over.

Bruin defenseman Hunwick likely not playing tonight:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/b...ed-to-hospital/

Shane Hnidy to suit up instead:

http://www2.nesn.com/boston-bruins/2009/04...k-hospitalized/

With Habs' Bouillon back, Brisebois out, Markov hopefully back soon, tide can soon change re: line-ups.

If Hunwick has a serious ailment he could be out a while. If his spleen is ruptured, he'll be gone for the play-offs. I do hope he is fine though.

I am not one to blame refs when we take our fair share of penalties but last game was disgrace. Plekanec's penalty was not an elbow, no matter what anyone says and especially not in the playoffs! When Lucic came flying down the ice uncontrolably then falls, that too is definitely not a penalty. The referees are a part of the game and we have to live with their decisions but it is very, very frustrating and annoying to watch such an inconsistent display of reffing! Actually it was consistent, the Habs were getting called and the Bruins weren't! Oh well, if it were the other way around we'd be happy and take the win! So, I hope that we can battle through any adversity and out score them!

Here's to a well fought game and a Habs victory, come home with a 1-1 series tie boys! You can do it!

I agree,i'm not saying that the refs are all saints out there so to speak.

For example,we cannot go into a period when the score is tight or even,and when we are playing strong & out playing the other team,to decide to take a cross-checking penalty or delay of game .

Letting them back in & giving them their power-play goal just gives them more life & seems to deflate us.

Then we find ourselves coming from behind late in the game,and it comes back to bite us.

Let's hope we have learn something from this,we shall see tonight.

GOHABSSSSSSSSSSS

Guest olddude
Bruins defenceman Matt Hunwick was rushed to hospital this morning after complaining of pains which the Bruins believe are related to a spleen problem.

Hope he's OK and it's nothing too serious.

Francis Bouillon will play tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (RDS)

He's been out for a long time, sure hope he can step it up quick, we could use a little toughness on D.

Btw, nowhere is it said that Bouillon WILL come back, it says that he MIGHT and that we'll see later today. That's very different. And if he were to play I hope Gainey will take Breezer out of the lineup cuz Dandy is doing a great job, he was probably our best Dman in game 1

I agree that it should be Brisebois. I don't know if he can handle any more hard hitting. As for Dandenault, he has surprised me with his good play since the departure of Carbonneau.

Archived