amp73

Need some assistance please

Tryng to download Music CD's to an iPod

We have

1 a computer

2 iPod touch 8GB

3 itunes downloaded on the computer

We managed to download 3 CD's on to our itunes library

Then we connected the ipod to the computer and were able to download the 3CD's from itunes to the ipod

The problem arises when we want to download another CD to the ipod

We follow the sames steps as before and when that " other " CD downloads on to the ipod , the songs from the 3 CD's before it are all gone from the ipod

What are we doing wrong in that we can't download some more music without losing all the music that was already on the ipod?

Thank you

I'll try and make as clear as I can possibly put it :P

First of all, when downloading music straight from a CD, I've always found it easier to download it onto the computr's hard drive first. On the left hand side of ITunes, it should say Library and right under that, Music (make sure it's highlighted). Then click on file, add file to library and select the songs you want (from the hard drive or wherever your songs are). When you're done adding all the songs you want, click on file, sync Ipod.

I don't know if that is clear enough..it's kind of hard to explain. Anyways, I hope that helped haha!

Library

Music...........correct :)

There are " 3 " Albums in itunes Library / Music

If I delete those 3 albums and then put a 4th by itself , when I download the 4th into ipod , the 3 CD's that were in the ipod dissappear ? :o

If I put a 4th Album in itunes , do I just downloaded " everything " again , or just the " 4th " album by itself :huh:

What ever happened to cassettes :blink:

Thanks .

hmmm, interesting. What you can do, is enable the function <Manually manage music>. & then after you download your CDs to iTunes, drag the songs you want to your iPod symbol, on the left hand side.

Hope that helps.

Library

Music...........correct :)

There are " 3 " Albums in itunes Library / Music

If I delete those 3 albums and then put a 4th by itself , when I download the 4th into ipod , the 3 CD's that were in the ipod dissappear ? :o

If I put a 4th Album in itunes , do I just downloaded " everything " again , or just the " 4th " album by itself :huh:

What ever happened to cassettes :blink:

Thanks .

If I'm reading this correctly, that would be your problem. When you sync your Ipod, the music that is in your music library will ''make'' their way to your Ipod. If you want to have those 4 CD's on your Ipod at the same time, you'll have to put all 4 in your library. Whatever you delete from your library, will disappear from your Ipod the next time you sync it.

Archived