The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Thread: Boston(1) Vs. Carolina(6)

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bruins
    • Hurricanes

I know a lot of people point to losing to Carolina as Saku Koivu going down with injury, but look at Cam Ward and today agains Boston and you will see why the Habs lost. When Ward came in the Habs just couldn't compete goaltender wise.

he is playing amazing

he is playing amazing

Yeah and this is what people were hoping Price would do to Boston, but was unable to. This is part of why they booed Price and the other is Halak never got a chance. When you are playing a superior team your goalie has to been a giant. It's unfair to expect that of Price at his current age, but it was the Habs only hope for one of their goalies to play big with all the injuries to key players.

well that bruins loss will bring Mcguire back to earth - anyone else feel the TSN crew is cheering for Boston?

TSN (Pierre McGuire especially) just get overly excited about everything instead of maintaining any semblance of objective calm. Pierre freaks out about everything to make up for his lack of actual intellect and play-by-play commentary.

TSN (Pierre McGuire especially) just get overly excited about everything instead of maintaining any semblance of objective calm. Pierre freaks out about everything to make up for his lack of actual intellect and play-by-play commentary.

He is pathetic, but you have to understand that the media wants boston to win, the media like the fact of a team coming out of nowhere and winning a cup, Adding to the fact that the Pats Celtics and Redsox have alredy won a title in the last 5 years. the city of boston is like a sporting dynasty... the media will feast on that one for a while too...

You'd think the NHL wants the Bruins to win too after last night's brutal "no goal" ruling. I guess the white between the red line and the puck has to be a certain length before it's considered a goal against the bruins. Not to mention the angle of the camera should make it even more convincing that the goal should have counted. Leave it to someone in TO to screw it up. Let's get a second team in there to give the city a greater chance of claiming the cup. :blink:

I dont hate the booins per say but the rivalry with the habs makes it unacceptable for them to win in my books and crapolina, well, i cant even pretend to like that team so meh... I dont particularly care about who wins this one, as long as it goes in 7 and leaves the winner exhausted/battered/black&blue/etc ;)

and even mcguire knew it was a goal.

GO CANES GO! (Jeez, I never thought I would say that).

At least until you have to face Washington! ;)

:lol: me neither.

i hate the 'canes but i loathe the bruins. if they were playing against a team made up of emery, tucker, avery, ribiero and grabovsky, i'd still want the bruins to lose. :lol:

:lol: me neither.

i hate the 'canes but i loathe the bruins. if they were playing against a team made up of emery, tucker, avery, ribiero and grabovsky, i'd still want the bruins to lose. :lol:

That's quite the statement! I can't say the same. Darn grabovski.

I don't feel much either way for Carolina, but there is something about seeing the top team getting knocked off that gets me a bit exited. The Penguins/Washington series is a great matchup, but I can't get excited about it for some reason. This series is the only one I'm really interested in at this point.

I never thought I'd be cheering for Carolina after the 05-06 playoffs, but man alive, is it nice to watch Boston get beaten up.

I wonder what PJ Stock will do if both Boston and Philly are knocked out of the playoffs. Of course they are the two tuffest teams with the most grit and thats what wins in the playoffs. This is why I think PJ is so biased twords certain types of player. In reality it takes good goaltending and a good mix of different types of players. Not everyone has to be guys that go to the net and dig in the corners, but you do need some guys like that. You also need some finesse guys though.

Archived