The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carolina Vs Pittsburgh

I wonder if we can start to argue that Malkin/Crosby is the best center duo in history. The ones I can think of are Messier/Gretzky, Yzerman/Fedorov, Sakic/Forsberg, Lemieux/Francis. I think having Malkin/Crosby on the same team is akin to having Lemieux/Gretzky as your top two centers.

and again

2 goals in with less than 40 sec remaining of the first

well that sure blew the balloon

yep,crosby/malkin...unbelievable what their doing out there,i'll say one thing,great goal by sid.

Just drive to the net,good things happen.

Canes came out with a purpose,but like ya said,those 2 late goals may have burst their bubble.

Let's see how the canes react in the 2nd.

I go to sleep tonight a very happy man........ :D ......I'm a guy but I think I love Malkin :P , .....ok boys , one more to go and those damn Candy canes are gone until next year......( hopefully they'll go bankrupt too by then, it's seem the in thing to do in todays NHL)

pens are playing like they want the cup and they will ruin anything in their way...

True dat, but the Canes aren't Detroit. They aren't even Chicago. They're essentially a one-person team: shut down Staal and you win. The Pens have to know that they can't take that kind of approach against Detroit (whom they'll probably meet in the finals).

True dat, but the Canes aren't Detroit. They aren't even Chicago. They're essentially a one-person team: shut down Staal and you win. The Pens have to know that they can't take that kind of approach against Detroit (whom they'll probably meet in the finals).

Actually Carolina is more than 1 man team. They had 9 players with over 15 goals and one with 14. They are a very wall balanced offense.

If anything I think people are overrating Staal. Hes not this amazing superstar that dominates games. Expecting him to play along with the likes of Malkin, Crosby like some of these idiot media pundits are saying is just retarded. If he scores 9 goals in his first 11 playoff games, a slump is expected.

Staal is not a superstar, hes just a good player. The Canes need more from Whitney (who actually got more points than Staal in the same # of games), Ruutu, Brindy and Samsonov.

Staal is not a superstar, hes just a good player. The Canes need more from Whitney (who actually got more points than Staal in the same # of games), Ruutu, Brindy and Samsonov.

Agreed,I feel like some are expecting staal to carry this team on his back,and now are disappointed he has slowed down.

What ever happened to team effort.

As for ward,he been good,but showing he is only human.

Fleury has been outstanding up to this point.

yeap, and the pens are showing it by the goals they are scoring...i think this years pens are on a mission to get revenge lol...chicago's no pitts...so a det pens final is gona be sweet...det is getting injured at the wrong time though...so lets see what happens, all makes for an exciting end to this years playoffs...the pens and canes have both done a great job from going 9 and 10 to getting into the playoffs and then working their ways to the conference finals, good on them...i just think the pens want it more...

lol why all the hate for the Pens? What did we do to you?

Seriously though, as for the rematch, yeah it should be fun for every fan that doesn't have a team in it. But I'm going to need a couple xanax before each game

Both teams are playing their best hockey. And I live in Michigan so the last thing I expected was for the Pens to play the Wings in the cup..in my lifetime. So not only does that happen last year, but likely two years in a row. I said last year we were very unlucky to face them, they had the experience and just a better team then. Our top players were the ages of...

MAF 23

Malkin 21

Crosby 20

Staal 19

So even after another year of experience those guys are still very young. Malkin and Crosby are playing the best hockey of their lives right now, but will Malkin show up in the cup this time is the question. I think if we fast forward a few years and face the Wings, we would definitely beat them. Their top guys are well in their prime, guys like Franzen are almost 30 and just started playing well...just imagine how good Staal will be later in his career. He doesn't have that scoring touch right now, and should find it later on. Unfortunately we need everything to be clicking now though. Because you just can't lose two cups in a row, I don't care how much talent you have...it will set you back a year or two.

So there is no turning back now for the Pens, they have to win it all.

Sorry for the rant, this is once again a crazy time of the year. But seriously, why do some like Detroit over Pittsburgh? Detroit has already won a lot of cups...or is it just because of the hype the Pens get from the media? I know that is probably annoying for most, but the NHL is desperate to promote the league here in the US.

Oh and we could really use Kovalev right now on Malkin's wing in place of Talbot. :(

Ok,when my habs were gone early in the play-offs :angry: ,I rooted for the capitals because of #8 OVECHKIN,being my fav player in the league.

Then,I started going for the canes,nothing against the pens & really was hoping to see the young core of the hawks upset the veteran presence of a team as Detroit.

Neither I suspect will occur.

Now ,when the pens hook up against the wings,I will now & only then root for Sidney's pens.

There,ya happy now OLD WHALER FAN... :lol::D

To bad for chicagooooooo,damm.

Actually Carolina is more than 1 man team. They had 9 players with over 15 goals and one with 14. They are a very wall balanced offense.

If anything I think people are overrating Staal. Hes not this amazing superstar that dominates games. Expecting him to play along with the likes of Malkin, Crosby like some of these idiot media pundits are saying is just retarded. If he scores 9 goals in his first 11 playoff games, a slump is expected.

Agreed, but that isn't really my point. I'm not saying that Staal is or should be an elite player. I'm saying that when Staal doesn't produce, they don't win, balanced scoring or not. Everything runs through him. And just look at his supporting cast: apart from Whitney, nothing special in there, and they are completely outclassed by guys like Malkin and Sykora.

With teams like Detroit and Pittsburgh, the team's marquee player can go into a slump without it being disastrous for their playoff run. Malkin didn't start the playoffs well but it made no difference to Pittsburgh. Detroit didn't have Lidstrom or Datsyuk in the lineup last night and still walloped the Blackhawks. Whereas a team like Carolina needs Eric Staal scoring or they don't win.

The only way the Canes had a chance in this series was if Staal played over his head and Ward stood on his head, and neither has happened.

Ok,when my habs were gone early in the play-offs :angry: ,I rooted for the capitals because of #8 OVECHKIN,being my fav player in the league.

Then,I started going for the canes,nothing against the pens & really was hoping to see the young core of the hawks upset the veteran presence of a team as Detroit.

Neither I suspect will occur.

Now ,when the pens hook up against the wings,I will now & only then root for Sidney's pens.

There,ya happy now OLD WHALER FAN... :lol::D

To bad for chicagooooooo,damm.

LOL..... :lol: .........That I am my friend, thanks!

Archived