The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Roy As Coach

j2c

Montreal or Colorado?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Roy end up coaching in the NHL?

• Montreal
    • Colorado

This discussion is to discuss the possibility of Roy being a coach in the two rumoured cities of Montreal and Colorado.

I think Roy would do well with the Canadiens, because he has the desire to win, and that can and will rub off on the players that that he coaches. I know that there he has no experience in the NHL as any type of coach assistant or otherwise, but he has won a Memorial Cup. Scotty Bowman also has backed him as has Joel Quinnville saying that he is ready for a coaching job. So IMO it would be great to hire Roy, and see how he does.

I love Roy as a player given what he did. His number deserved to be in the rafter. I can't see how this guy should ever coach in the NHL given his ego and anger issues. I think this guy will ***** off every player that plays for him.

But that is just my perception

Ahhhhhhh,probably not.

He'd need to be the main front man.

I agree thus the poll and the question. I like him and what he can potentially bring to Montreal as a coach, but I do have doubts about him being a head coach with little experience.

I agree thus the poll and the question. I like him and what he can potentially bring to Montreal as a coach, but I do have doubts about him being a head coach with little experience.

yeah...i just think he should specialize in what he did best, goal-tending...would he do that? who knows...i just want this whole selling the habs thing to hurry up and finish so that the team can do something...

yeah...i just think he should specialize in what he did best, goal-tending...would he do that? who knows...i just want this whole selling the habs thing to hurry up and finish so that the team can do something...

And so perhaps we can sign a head coach, and try to get some of our many important free agents signed such as Tanguay.

Apparently Tanguay is waiting to see what happens with the management and coaching position before he signs. As per Eric Engles Tanguay and Hartley Dine and Contemplate Future Together

A BIG NO!

Can we get a coach that has won and excelled at the NHL level as a coach? Please? I am sick of training first timers just to have them get fired pre-maturely then go on to be excellent coaches elsewhere. I would offer the job to Bob Hartley!

Patrick, IMO, will be a good coach in the NHL someday but I think that we should hire him then and only then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived