The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Star Trek Was Amazing

Lots of twits and turns from the original series, but I understand why they did it. Star Trek was getting stale and no one was watching the new series. The last series I liked was Star Trek Next Generation. They are hoping that going back to the beggining and giving an alternate version of the original story will bring back interest in Star Trek. I enjoyed the movie a lot and wouldn't mind if they made a new TV series with it.

I saw it twice.

Unfortunately, it may be the silver lining in the summer 2009 scifi/action set.

Apparently, Terminator 4 sucks.

GI Joe looks like it sucks.

Transformers 2 looks cheesy.

Really? Where did you hear that? From what I've read/heard so far it sounds like they delivered.

I saw it twice.

Unfortunately, it may be the silver lining in the summer 2009 scifi/action set.

Apparently, Terminator 4 sucks.

GI Joe looks like it sucks.

Transformers 2 looks cheesy.

you can add xmen origins to the list of busts.

so far, star trek is the action movie to see this 'summer'. i really enjoyed it. :)

you can add xmen origins to the list of busts.

Actually, aside from how the portrayed deadpool at the end, I quite liked it.

I do NOT like the fact they've basically written alpha flight out of the script, but I guess there's still a small window to include them in another film.

I do NOT like the fact they've basically written alpha flight out of the script, but I guess there's still a small window to include them in another film.

it was action packed but what i usually like about origination stories is the character development. there was none of that. i didn't care about a single character except victor (who i thought was excellent).

i like gambit and he didn't really add much to the story, imho.

it was action packed but what i usually like about origination stories is the character development. there was none of that. i didn't care about a single character except victor (who i thought was excellent).

i like gambit and he didn't really add much to the story, imho.

Interesting - i felt the opposite...i actually thought the characters were developed fairly well. I cared more about the Jackman Wolverine character than I had in any previous movie & enjoyed victor (LOVE Liev Schrieber, he's such an underrated actor). I thought that Wraith was fairly well developed and i definitely had feelings for Kayla Silverfox.

Agent Zero, bolt and deadpool were all writeoffs imho - had no feelings one way or the other for them, but they also werent really major characters except for deadpool & they rushed him from reynolds' Wade Wilson to deadpool with no development.

I thought the 2 old folks were great although I am TOTALLY confused by one thing. The old woman was billed as "Heather McNeil Hudson" - which of course is the real name of Vindicator from the Alpha Flight comic. I dont quite understand how that fits in, as she would be about the same age as scott summers (cyclops) if not younger. Very odd. Perhaps this was supposed to be her grandma or something & they will reveal that in a later movie (again giving me more hope for an alpha flight inclusion in a later flick).

Whoa, a Star Trek thread. I never really watched the original series, or anything (other than a few episodes after school of "The Next Generation"), but I really enjoyed the new movie. It was an excellent summer adventure! And yeah, Terminator 4 was pretty uninteresting; Wolverine was awful, too... I have high hopes for Pixar's newest film, though. They always deliver! :D

I thought the movie was fun (not amazing, not bad), but I was REALLY bummed out by Deadpool as well. Even from that little prologue scene it looked like he was going to be great, what with all the wit and sarcasm, but once he got transmformed they just took all the fun right out of him.

He's a really popular character for a reason, and contrary to what the film makers seemed to think it's not because he can swing swords really quickly.

star trek was excellent and i went with my dad (who watched pretty much all of them) and he he thought they did really great with the casting. i thought the movie had a little bit of everything and was vey good.

haven't seen wolverine yet, hopefully ill catch it before its out of theatres from what i've heard its really good, though from reading previous posts i guess it may be a bit dissapointing to those who followed the franchise out of theatres.

Archived