The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Your Team Canada

I know its a little premature but I thought it would be interesting to see people's opinions on the projected Team Canada roster for Vancouver. Its safe to say that this year's playoffs will be a huge factor in Steve Yzerman's decision, as well as the performance of some of the players in the World Championships this year.

This is the team I would put forward (22 players):

Forwards:

Lecavalier-Crosby-St. Louis

Fairly safe to say Crosby is a lock, and the #1 pivot, I put the two Lightning forwards with him because you put Lecavalier and Crosby together good luck getting the puck off their sticks. Lecavalier's not really good on draws so I see him as a big body winger if he is healthy. St. Louis is just a good complementary player. Highlight reel material from all 3 is always possible.

Heatley-Spezza-Doan

Spezza and Heatley are as dangerous as any pair, Doan gives them some grit in the corners

Nash-Getzlaf-Perry

Three power forwards who will wear down any D.

Gagne-Richards-Iginla

Richards and Iginla on your 4th line, no shortage of character

Derek Roy

I really liked what I saw of Roy at the Worlds, he is a good PK guy too, can play centre or wing if a spark is needed.

Defense

S. Niedrmayer-Phaneuf

Pretty good offensive pair, speed and size

Hamhuis-Weber

I think these guys made a name for themselves at the Worlds, if you can put two d-men in the lineup who have played a whole season together it makes things a little easier

Phillips-Seabrook

I'm a big Chris Phillips fan, I think he plays the position as smart as anyone, Seabrook has the wheels, another good defensive pair.

Jovonoski

A good veteran who can add some offense if called upon

Goalies:

M.A. Fleury

The kid keeps getting better, you have to put him up there with Luongo, he has shown he can make a big save...

Cam Ward

Same as Fleury, probably the best goalie you could have coming off the bench...

I can't see anybody agreeing with me, there are some pretty good players not on my list...Guys like Eric Staal, Jonathan Toews, Luongo, Pronger. It will be interesting to see what Stevie Y decides, certainly the Russians and the Americans will all their speed will be challenging. And Sweden is never a slouch. Wondering what you folks think?

I know its a little premature but I thought it would be interesting to see people's opinions on the projected Team Canada roster for Vancouver. Its safe to say that this year's playoffs will be a huge factor in Steve Yzerman's decision, as well as the performance of some of the players in the World Championships this year.

This is the team I would put forward (22 players):

Forwards:

Lecavalier-Crosby-St. Louis

Fairly safe to say Crosby is a lock, and the #1 pivot, I put the two Lightning forwards with him because you put Lecavalier and Crosby together good luck getting the puck off their sticks. Lecavalier's not really good on draws so I see him as a big body winger if he is healthy. St. Louis is just a good complementary player. Highlight reel material from all 3 is always possible.

Heatley-Spezza-Doan

Spezza and Heatley are as dangerous as any pair, Doan gives them some grit in the corners

Nash-Getzlaf-Perry

Three power forwards who will wear down any D.

Gagne-Richards-Iginla

Richards and Iginla on your 4th line, no shortage of character

Derek Roy

I really liked what I saw of Roy at the Worlds, he is a good PK guy too, can play centre or wing if a spark is needed.

Defense

S. Niedrmayer-Phaneuf

Pretty good offensive pair, speed and size

Hamhuis-Weber

I think these guys made a name for themselves at the Worlds, if you can put two d-men in the lineup who have played a whole season together it makes things a little easier

Phillips-Seabrook

I'm a big Chris Phillips fan, I think he plays the position as smart as anyone, Seabrook has the wheels, another good defensive pair.

Jovonoski

A good veteran who can add some offense if called upon

Goalies:

M.A. Fleury

The kid keeps getting better, you have to put him up there with Luongo, he has shown he can make a big save...

Cam Ward

Same as Fleury, probably the best goalie you could have coming off the bench...

I can't see anybody agreeing with me, there are some pretty good players not on my list...Guys like Eric Staal, Jonathan Toews, Luongo, Pronger. It will be interesting to see what Stevie Y decides, certainly the Russians and the Americans will all their speed will be challenging. And Sweden is never a slouch. Wondering what you folks think?

i really like your team actually but i'll have to put some thought into it to get, at least, toews or staal on the roster.

i love how deep the cdian talent pool is. :D

fyi - we already started this discussion (very prematurely :lol: ) here: 2010 vancouver olympic tournament

• 3 weeks later...

Archived