The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rip Michael Jackson

Is this really a bad thing? still RIP

How stupid can you be?

Seriously.

The man was the definition of the word "Icon" and "Legend" pay him a little respect.

Plus anyone that knows the man, pretty much knew that he was innocent all along, they just tried to rip him off for some money, like people always do.

I literally grew up listening to Jackson 5 and MJ's albums.

Truly a sad day.

R.I.P. MJ

I also read that Farrah Fawcett died this morning after a long bout with cancer.

I think I will miss her more that the King of Pop.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/06/cha...ett-dies-at-62/

Simply a devastating day. RIP, especially to Mrs. Fawcett, who was an absolute warrior during her battle against cancer, and was an inspiration to women, and people with cancer everywhere. :(

I remember, growing up in the Flint, Michigan, area, that in the early 70s, the whole Motown scene was the thing. It was huge in the 60s as well, when I was a small boy. When they weren't playing the Beatles, they were playing the great stuff coming from just 80 miles south-southeast from me. You had the Supremes, The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Smoky Robinson and the Miracles, Martha Reeves and the Vandallas, The Velvelettes (from my hometown of Flint), and the only rock band under the Motown label, Rare Earth!

Sadly, Michael Jackson is now dead. He had a very troubled life, but there is no mistaking it - he was an out-of-this-world performer.

Anyone up for MJ jokes? here a few i remember.

Q: What’s the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?

A: One is white, made out of plastic, and dangerous for kids to play with and the other you carry your groceries in.

Q: How does Michael Jackson pick his nose?

A: From a catalogue.

Anyone up for MJ jokes? here a few i remember.

Q: What’s the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?

A: One is white, made out of plastic, and dangerous for kids to play with and the other you carry your groceries in.

Q: How does Michael Jackson pick his nose?

A: From a catalogue.

I'm sorry but you have to admit these are funny!!!

One of the most interesting and tragic life stories of our time. His talent in writing, singing, and dancing has been unmatched in pop music. He achieved his dreams and had all the fame and money anyone could want, but it was never enough. He never had a childhood and knew nothing but the spotlight. He slipped into a state where he was anything but normal and anything but happy. He had it all and yet no one would want to be in his shoes.

I guess the question that will always hang over him is he was guilty of molesting children? Will his tragic story be remembered as him solely as a victim or as a horrific child abuser?

Lisa Marie recalling yesterday that Michael had once told her he'd likely go like her dad did.

Meshes with rumours that he may have OD'd on demoral (one of his painkillers) causing the heart attack.

Brilliant, ground-breaking musicians -- both challenged by their overwhelming fandom. Elvis still ahead (in my books) as the more influential musician. MJ clearly the more eccentric; Lisa Marie called him a tortured soul. She probably knew him as well as anybody.

I guess the question that will always hang over him is he was guilty of molesting children? Will his tragic story be remembered as him solely as a victim or as a horrific child abuser?

The first question is quite easy to answer.

There's just no way that's possible, you said it yourself, the man never had anything close to a normal childhood, so do you seriously think that he could ruin any child's life like that?

I just don't see it being possible.

It was just another case of trying to rip off a celebrity for money.

The first question is quite easy to answer.

There's just no way that's possible, you said it yourself, the man never had anything close to a normal childhood, so do you seriously think that he could ruin any child's life like that?

I just don't see it being possible.

It was just another case of trying to rip off a celebrity for money.

I just watched "Living With Michael Jackson" on Youtube.

Seeing it, I honestly have trouble believing he'd molest a kid.

He just seems completely lost, oblivious to society and norms around him, like a 10 year old kid trying to take on adult responsibilities. His childhood shows in his current actions: his lack of going out to play likely explains why he loves playing with kids so much, the constant media explaining why he makes his children wear masks, and his father physically abusing him for the way he wants to "love" all the children in the world.

I can't believe that same guy could abuse children, and I really do feel sorry for him, he lived in his world oblivious to everything else.

I feel sorry for him also but what a waste of a life. Think of all the good he could have done with his money and fame. Like Elvis, who was not nearly as eccentric as MJ but he could have done so much more with his talent but passed at a young 42. Like another wrote , I will miss Farrah and feel more sorrow for her than MJ. She was a mother, and someone who was more down to earth than most realize and fought hard to beat the cancer and keep on living her life, a life by the way she didn't squander but appreciated....thats the difference.

Archived