The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Update: Bouwmeester Signs W/ Cgy

js2

Holy crap...

Imagine if a deal goes through.

Boumeester - Phaneuf

:blink:

does this mean we could've gotten him for say negotiation rights to komisarek and a 3rd rounder? if so.. then argh!! bg would've looked like a fool if jbo wouldn't have signed here and we lost komisarek but on the other hand you have to gamble to win so i hope he has something up his sleeve!!

does this mean we could've gotten him for say negotiation rights to komisarek and a 3rd rounder? if so.. then argh!! bg would've looked like a fool if jbo wouldn't have signed here and we lost komisarek but on the other hand you have to gamble to win so i hope he has something up his sleeve!!

Gainey is smarter than that.

Better deal than I was expecting, only 5 years at a reasonable cap hit for a player of his calibre.

I think the thing about bouwmeester is that he's always been touted as "great" but in reality, so far he's only been "good" or at least "very good"

I mean dont get me wrong - id take a chance on him - especially at that contract - but he's also not a sure thing. Until last year, his points went down every year since 05-06 season - and even last year he still scored less than he had 4 years ago.

He's got all the skills to make him a 65+ pt defensman, with a decent defensive game, sound positioning & great transitional game, but he's also never quite delivered on the offensive side. Heck, he only scored 9 more points than Hamrlik last year.

Anyway, I do think he makes Calgary's defense probably the best in the league now (providing last season was an aberration for phaneuf and he will bounce back this year) and they got a good deal.

It will be interesting to see if Bouwmeester can "take it to the next level" as so many have predicted for the past 7 seasons, but has yet to happen...

True, but they have notably good players. Something we tend to lack all the time, then they make some big signings. I'm jealous of the Flames...

Bah... Iginla's getting to become an old geezer! :lol:

Not to worry habs_fan1160, we're gonna be good next season! Andrei K.'s going to get a giant leap forward. I guarantee it!

38 goals! :D

Archived