The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Worlds Greatest Fans

dahabs1

i was reading in todays paper about burke being boo'd at the draft.again it was brought up that he thought that leafsfans were the best.

Detroit is called hockeytown.

i always assumed that habsfans were the bestest.since we all know so much about the game.can judge talent so well.and as a whole dont like to lose.how did we allow these two wanna be cities try to take the title of bestest fans?

when did detroit go from deadthings to hockeytown?

when did 40 years of losing in torwana make them the best?

i think that we must do something to retake the title back.WIN

Did you actually think that a GM from Toronto would admit that Montreal have the best fans in the league?

And Detroit is everything but a "hockeytown" game 7 of the stanley cup finals my friend found 2 tickets (in the reds too) at the ticket office of the joe louis arena.

i was reading in todays paper about burke being boo'd at the draft.again it was brought up that he thought that leafsfans were the best.

Detroit is called hockeytown.

i always assumed that habsfans were the bestest.since we all know so much about the game.can judge talent so well.and as a whole dont like to lose.how did we allow these two wanna be cities try to take the title of bestest fans?

when did detroit go from deadthings to hockeytown?

when did 40 years of losing in torwana make them the best?

i think that we must do something to retake the title back.WIN

If you missed it,this is what I posted in another thread. :D

An irrate Burke comments afterwards on the warm reception from the hometown. :lol:

Quote " The best hockey fans on the planet are not in Montreal,but in Toronto.

When we host this event in a couple of yrs,this will be like child's play for the booing they"ll receive "

Take a pill,Burke... LEAFS SUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

So,here's my plan.

Hab fans invade the ACC,and when they announce a habs pick,knowing the reaction coming,pull the ole ole oleoleeee chant,nice & loud .

Make them think their all at the bell center. :lol::D

HABS RULE...#1 BABY

The best hockey fans don't burn cop cars and destroy local stores because their team won first round. The best hockey fans also don't boo the anthem of the country that some of their players are from.

The best hockey fans don't burn cop cars and destroy local stores because their team won first round. The best hockey fans also don't boo the anthem of the country that some of their players are from.

First of all it's very safe to say that no one who was at the Bell Center 2 years ago did burn some police cars, it was some little bum in Montreal that just waited for an occasion to do such thing.

And second of all, the people are intitle to their own opinion about the US anthem and if you didn't notice, no one ever boo'd the US national anthem before that country went to war for no reason at all and now that our country is affected by their mistakes (with the fact that some of our soldiers also die overseas and so on) some people react whatever way they can.

I'm not saying i approve such acts, but let's say that person lost someone they know to the iraqi war, i sure won't disapprove with what their doing.

So please, keep these comments to yourself, instead of trying to judge every habs fan for a few morons here and there.

Since when do people have to support the USA to be considered the best fans of their team?

Either way, Burke is just a loud mouth. Is he trying to say it was classless and if so, why would he condone "his fans" doing it?

Who's to say he'll even be around when "his team" hosts the draft anyways?

Idiot.

He's a bonehead, plain and simple. No other arena, except for Minnesota, I would say, can come close to what the Habs fans bring to a game. There's no other fan that has the knowledge of the team and sport than that of the Habs fan. During the play-offs I have had a conversation with a Habs fan, Laffs fan, Bruins fan and a Wings fans. We're all sitting at a table watching a game. I must admit, the Hab fan had more to offer than the other three. I get this all the time, especially where I come from because it's Habs and Laffs country here. The only thing that comes out of a Leafs mouth is, "look who we picked up" or "this guy is going to be good", "damn that Peddle", you get the picture. Never anything constructive, always argumentative, always, because that's the jealously coming out of them. They never have anything to offer.

The Toronto Sports Network is showing this idiot every chance they get. He does really get all the airtime, but look who's doing the broadcasting?

Since when do people have to support the USA to be considered the best fans of their team?

Either way, Burke is just a loud mouth. Is he trying to say it was classless and if so, why would he condone "his fans" doing it?

Who's to say he'll even be around when "his team" hosts the draft anyways?

Idiot.

When a portion of their team is American.

Up until the end of this season I would have said the Habs had the best fans. Now I'm 100 per cent positive they don't.

I'm thinking Minnesota, they're always supported, and always cheered on, plus they always sell out.

You'd never catch a Minnesota crowd jeering their home team.

And in addition, who in the world boo's at an NHL entry draft? That's pathetic.

Archived