The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Trade: Higgins To Rangers For Gomez

roy_133

I'm not a big fan of Gomez if thats who it is. Hes a decent second or third line center, but not a great first line center. I guess hes better then other options.

He's better then a 3rd line center but that's a bad contract.

He's better then a 3rd line center but that's a bad contract.

I'd say hes only a slight upgrade on Saku if at all. He is younger, but he cost a lot more money. Higgens must be happy going to New York. Now Komi just has to sign with Rangeers or Islanders and they will be back home again.

That's a great addition if it's only for Higgins. It is a #1 center, not a Lecavalier, but he's already better than Koivu. I'm just telling me that if it's true, I don't think the Sedin will sign here tomorrow... At least if Gomez is our #1 center, but I don't think he would be a #2 center at 8 M$... Let's hope BG will sign Tanguay tonight or tomorrow and that he'll bring a Beauchemin, a Havlat or Gaborik and a Cammalleri here!

I'm not a big fan of Gomez if thats who it is. Hes a decent second or third line center, but not a great first line center. I guess hes better then other options.

You're right.

But we traded Higgins for him, what do you expect? He's not a first liner either.

We would probably have to put a lot more into the mix to get a solid first or second liner.

Archived