The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Stevie Wonder

Anybody went to the show tonight?

It was quite nice, but I have to say I am quite ashamed of Montreal... with such a huge crowd you would have thought the singing would be louder but no, most people didnt know the lyrics or the song...

diu diu diu diu diu du du du diu diu diu diu diu du du du dididididid

*mumbles from crowd

Stevie: Oh a nappy headed boy eh?

... like cmon people should at least know the beginning to that song....

Anybody went to the show tonight?

It was quite nice, but I have to say I am quite ashamed of Montreal... with such a huge crowd you would have thought the singing would be louder but no, most people didnt know the lyrics or the song...

diu diu diu diu diu du du du diu diu diu diu diu du du du dididididid

*mumbles from crowd

Stevie: Oh a nappy headed boy eh?

... like cmon people should at least know the beginning to that song....

The real fans never got to enter the ..... site.

I never seen (or even thought) that such poor jugement was possible, the site where they held the event was HORRIBLE.

When you organize something that big (and free at that) you have to do it in a place that can welcome that many people.

Like the Parc Maissoneuve for example.

Instead maybe 100,000 people walked home empty ended.

I was on the site and i barely could breathe normally.

I hated that experience to the fullest and im a big Stevie Wonder fan.

A real nightmare.

The real fans never got to enter the ..... site.

I never seen (or even thought) that such poor jugement was possible, the site where they held the event was HORRIBLE.

When you organize something that big (and free at that) you have to do it in a place that can welcome that many people.

Like the Parc Maissoneuve for example.

Instead maybe 100,000 people walked home empty ended.

I was on the site and i barely could breathe normally.

I hated that experience to the fullest and im a big Stevie Wonder fan.

A real nightmare.

Not a big Stevie Wonder fan myself but since I live about 10 mins away from the stage, I walked over... or rather tried to. Pathetic display of organizational talent no doubt. I didn't even bother to check the live event out because it was virtually impossible so I tried a couple of the giant screens they had put up. Well, good luck. I ended up getting some space on the eastmost area close to St.Laurent. Watching a live show on a screen, knowing the guy is just 5 minutes away but you can't get there is well ... annoying I guess.

Same thing for the Blues Stage, which is now on Ontario because the nice grass field where they had it the years before is now a construction site. Cartier des Specactles, horaaay! :o

Archived