The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hal Gill; 4.5 Million/2 Years

Scott92

Guest Carey_Price

this is getting ridiculous. I can't see us doing to well next year, hopefully we make the playoffs but if we do it'll most deffs be 8th, th if we're lucky. We had around 25m, more money than most franchising and instead of being patient and signing big name players who would sign with us since most franchises are low on money, gainey wastes our available cap space on washed up players.

Guest Carey_Price
i like the spacek signing, but in no way do i want to spend my sat nights watching gill flounder around

btw what is up with kovalev, is he signed or not?

I think he received an offer, but hes deffs not signed.

Same old garbage as previous years. Gainey stocks up on mediocrity to convince the world he's improving the team. Spacek I can live with, but there was absolutely no need to sign Gill. He's not a top-four defenseman, isn't better than anything we have on the third pairing, and costs us more than a callup would against the cap.

I believe it's $4.5M / 2 years, as in $2.25M a season.

Komisarek decided to test and Gainey didn't expect to beat the other offers, so good for him. I still don't understand why he would choose Gill to invest in. I would have much preferred McKee at likely less than half that price. Gill always looks clumsy to me.

Either way, another stop-gap until younger defenders are ready to step up. This would all make more sense if Hamrlik had been traded. Then you are simply re-allocating funds to modify our defense in preparation for young players to crack the lineup. I don't like the idea of using our "extra" cap space to simply plug holes. I'd prefer to plug holes with cheap, young prospects and use the extra cap space to insure they have quality caliber to play with.

theres a reason the leafs got rid of this guy a couple seasons ago and we go pick him up????....WHAT IS GOING ON BOBBY???i wouldve taken bergeron over gill----- please please please SIGN havlat or gaborik or for real get stephane richer out of retirement and boost our offence!!!!!!!!! unless we sign some quality players its going to be a realllly long season next year.

Yeah guys, it's 4.5 million dollars over 2 years. So 2.25 a year.

As much as I despise Hal Gill, I think he'll play his role on the third defensive pair. He is literally a huge upgrade over Bouillon. I just wish we went for Beauchimen (sp?).

Hopefully we can get Kovalev locked up, and then get our focus to be signing either Havlat or Gaborik before the sun sets.

I think the GM has lost it

He is doing what we ridiculed other GM's of doing , throwing money at washed up / over rated players

The D now consists of

Markov , Spacek, Hamerlik, Gorges , Gill, O'byrne

i just puked looking at that d...to think a few seasons ago we had souray, streit and markov, ***** is going on??????

Archived