The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Komisarek A Leaf

TSN reports Komisarek is now a Leaf!!!! :o I have now lost pretty well all respect for Komi.....tsk tsk. Used to be my favorite, now....a Leaf?! :angry::blink:<_<:huh:

Sad sad news. I'll still like Komisaurus, but I won't ever like his new team. Don't worry, he'll move on in time...

Sad to see. I knew he would no longer be a Hab by the end of the night, but I was really hoping he'd go home to New York on either the Isles or the Rangers.

But Leafs for 5 years? Oh no. He's going to be a solid leader for their team and will help out Schenn so much. Good for Leafs, bad for us.

I will still always like Komisarek for all he's done for us.

Habs fans shouldn't be talking. We have Roman Hamrlik at $5.5 million per season. Komisarek is much better.

It's arguable which of the two is better.

Hamrlik's contract is only 4 years, the team is liberated from his cap hit at the 5th year.

Personally I think both are approximately worth their contract.

I would have liked him to remain with the Habs

He is big, young and a right handed shot but Komisareck brough absolutely zero offence to the team

If we were going to lose him, and the organization knew it, I would have liked the organization find a replacemnt for his supposed toughness

I guess Hal gill is the replacement

I like Komisarek, but I'm glad we didn't overpay to keep him. To me he's not worth more than $3.5 million annually. Gainey offered him $4 million -- Burke gave him $4.5 million. I'd rather Toronto be on the hook for that money. Komisarek has had exactly one good season in the NHL -- 07-08. The rest has been average or subpar. Spacek and Gill aren't my ideal replacements for Komi, but I'm glad we're moving on.

Archived