The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Sign Gionta 5 years/25 million

maximus123

The Montreal Smurfs is more like it.

Look, I like Gionta, and I like Camellari...but come on...our pressing need was that we aren't strong/tough enough. So Gainey responds with a 5'7" guy, a 5'11" guy, and a 5'9" guy.

The Habs are gonna be pushed around all year long with this team. Hope Gainey has something better up his sleeve.

And once we sign our RFAs and call up enough players to ice a 23 man roster, we're basically at the cap.

And that's for the next while too! I hope the cap doesn't go down by a lot, or we're in trouble.

I wonder if Gainey is planning on making another deal...

Well looks like Koivu tanguay and kovy are all gone......ladies and Gents welcome to the Montreal Smurfs...at least this team will be supper fast....t will be funny watching chara trying to hit one of our small forwards, it will look like a Tom and Jerry episode

dont be so sure, we still have 8 millon left.....

Look, I like Gionta, and I like Camellari...but come on...our pressing need was that we aren't strong/tough enough. So Gainey responds with a 5'7" guy, a 5'11" guy, and a 5'9" guy.

The Habs are gonna be pushed around all year long with this team. Hope Gainey has something better up his sleeve.

thats why we got laraque and Gill man

ALL makes sence to me now

with this signing i REALLY hope it means gainey is planning on including Pleks in a trade for some draft picks and the best prospect he can get, and still resigning Kovy, top two lines would look unreal.

A. Kost - Gomez - Gionta

S.Kost - Cammy - Kovy

What do you think???

PLEASE BOB, SAVE ROOM FOR KOVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is undervaluing ALL our habs and overvaluing alot of free agents!

Gill = Stanley Cup ring

Gomez = Stanley Cup ring

Gionta = Stanley Cup ring?

Spacek = ???, close without looking?

Sushi = fill me in

I don't think a little experience, maturity and a few Stanley Cup rings are going to hurt the dressing room.

CAN HELP THE ROOM TREMENDOUSLY :D

Well, the 5'11" guy is built like a tank & we did add some size on the back end.

All in all, no matter how the season plays out, I have to say this: Gainey, you finally got off your hands & did something. Will it work out? I dont know but wow you've made some moves today & I think we might actually have an 80 or even 90 point scorer next year which is pretty sweet after all of these years.

I wonder if there's any way (read: money) to still sign Kovalev now?

Archived