The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Do Habs Fans Hate The Leafs

kurtloki

I'm basically indifferent. There really isn't an intense on ice rivalry, it's mostly just hype. A lot of fans hate the Leafs because of the way the perceive the way the National media covers (favors) them. I think it's overblown and that the Habs get just as much hype these days as the Leafs do (obviously because of the size of the both fan bases across Canada it's what pulls in ratings).

But to answer your question I think generally most really hated rivalries are built/nurtured in the playoffs. I hate Boston a lot more than Toronto.

The Canucks forum has a cartoon that bashes the Leafs on it, and it got me wondering if all Canadian teams hate the Leafs.

I'm assuming Hab fans hate them the most?

Maybe the young fans do, but for me it's Boston and always will be, the leafs are nothing and like Guy Lapointe once said " they have been nothing since 67, so who cares"!

I can't stand them, always had a HUGE hate on for them, but if you're talking about the rivalry thing for the hating, then I must put the Bruins before them. There's no other team that had such a bitter rivalry than when those two teams played; the Habs and Leafs failed miserably in comparison mainly because of the on ice product for many, many years put on display by the Laffs. Some might argue the Nordiques should be right up there as well, but, that was short lived.

Short answer yes long answer yes..with the fire of 1000 suns.All habs fans hate the leafs and bruins,and im not too fond of philly either.

haha pretty much exactly what I was going to say. add carolina to that list also.

komi is a traitor. hated him the moment he signed with the laffs.

Archived