Position: Right Wing
Shoots: Right
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 175
Born: Jan 18 '79
Born in: Rochester, NY, United States
Drafted: New Jersey's 3rd round choice, 82nd overall, in 1998
Acquired: Signed as an unrestricted free agent on July 1st, 2009

I hope Gionta and Gomez can pickup where they left off.

Judging the number of times he used the word 'chemistry' in his media address last night, this is obviously what Gainey is hoping too.

I have no doubt that, based on speed, skill and grit, these two will be dangerous together but I am a little leery of gainey investing to heavily in trying to reignite an old flame.

Judging the number of times he used the word 'chemistry' in his media address last night, this is obviously what Gainey is hoping too.

I have no doubt that, based on speed, skill and grit, these two will be dangerous together .

I hoping for the same results.

Is he a smart player too?...great

Lets see, Brain Savage, Brain Bellows, Brain Scrudland, Brain Engblom, maybe a few others. Bellows was a know it all, a real Cliff. Engblom, a real smart defenseman, Scrudland, smart enough to know he could fight, Savage, smart enough to know he was only a product of Rechie and Koivu.

Sort of reminds me a little,of steve begin,for his size....I liked what he did.

huh, reminds you of Steve Begin???? but smaller????? OMG I hope that is not what the scouting report is on him. That's all we need, a small 1st line winger that plays similar to a non-talented 4th line grinder who took dumb penalties at the worst time of every year.

Lets see, Brain Savage, Brain Bellows, Brain Scrudland, Brain Engblom, maybe a few others. Bellows was a know it all, a real Cliff. Engblom, a real smart defenseman, Scrudland, smart enough to know he could fight, Savage, smart enough to know he was only a product of Rechie and Koivu.

I think his name is spelled Brian not Brain( hence the smart comment)-anyway welcome to the Habs from a fan in your hometown Brian

he is only 5 foot 7 but he can really play hockey and he always tries hard, he had 1 bad year in his career and in his first full season in the NHL, he scored 48 goals an 89 points. last year he had 60 points but is you look at our line-up last year, only 2 players scored over 60, kovalev and markov, he is now re-united with gomez who helped him score his 48 goals and will be playing with one of the best scorers in the league (cammalleri) so look for around an 80 point season. in the hockey news 2007-2008 super guide in french, it says and i translate .....

" even if he had a disasterous season in 2006-2007 with only 25 goals and 45 points, he should be able to return to full force this season as he has to much talent"

he is a pretty good playoff performer, he has won the cup and he will really help our team and he will surely be an up-grade to the injured prone alex tanguay.

So, I guess Gionta is waiting to see if Pleky sticks around to claim his #14. ;)

Maybe Gionta will be a pall and pitch a million to Pleks to go back to his original #35. This way Gainey doesn't have to spend extra if the arbitration doesn't go his way. ;)

No offense to Gionta.. But come on now.. We cant have pleks changing his number ONCE AGAIN..

IMagine being a PLeks fan and buying his jersey.. Ud need to change the number like 3x...

Jeeze

He'll probably just flip it around and go with 41....no, wait, Halak. Hmm....44? no.... 11?.....no.

Okay, he's not getting anywhere with the numbers 1 and 4. This could be tough :P

Archived