Hal Gill

8459628.jpg

Position: Defenseman
Shoots: Left
Height: 6'7
Weight: 250
Born: April 6, 1975
Born in: Concord, MA, ÉU
Drafted: Boston's 8th round pick, 207th overall in 1993.

Signed as a free agent with the Canadiens on July 1st.

I dont know why everyones hating this guy that much.

Because you're a positive person... always thinking of the best in people... thinking that it is better to cheer on an individual, rather than put him down... thinking that that's the best way to light a fire... improve ones skill level...

It's hard to understand the other side!

HES 6'7

You want someone big we get it... Then we complain about him right away..

I havent really watched him play. But im expecting GREAT THINGS

Me too!

If we put him in the proper position to succeed, I think things could be OK. I still question the actual amount (I bet we could have got him for less by playing a little hardball), but things seemed to work out during his time in Pittsburgh. We just can't try to use him as something he isn't, which may have been part of the problem in Toronto.

I am fine with this signing. People seem to not like it, but I will wait and see how Martins uses him before passing judgement. It's quite possible Martins could put all of our defencemen (young and old) in a position to succeed and that Gill could do very well in a Habs uniform. ;) Part of me hopes he becomes a fan favorite!

I am fine with this signing. People seem to not like it, but I will wait and see how Martins uses him before passing judgement. It's quite possible Martins could put all of our defencemen (young and old) in a position to succeed and that Gill could do very well in a Habs uniform. ;)Part of me hopes he becomes a fan favorite!

He won't be a fan favorite. He's the kind of DMan where his mistakes are painfully obvious and the good things he does do are very obscure to the casual fan. All people will remember from him are some mistakes he makes (which he will make a fair bit of).

He won't be a fan favorite. He's the kind of DMan where his mistakes are painfully obvious and the good things he does do are very obscure to the casual fan. All people will remember from him are some mistakes he makes (which he will make a fair bit of).

Hey... As long as he doesn't score an our own goal after the goaltender has gone to the bench! :lol:;)

Hey... As long as he doesn't score an our own goal after the goaltender has gone to the bench! :lol:;)

I wouldn't rule it out, lol.

I don't mind this guy, or bringing him in but after seeing what Leopold and Aucion went for yesterday I'm wishing Bob held off a bit. I know those guy's don't play the same style, but still.

HES 6'7

I havent really watched him play. But im expecting GREAT THINGS

A: He's an ex-Bruin

B: He's big but not tough

C: I'd be ecstatic if he's average and steady.DO NOT expect great things,you'll be very disappointed ;)

A: He's an ex-Bruin

B: He's big but not tough

C: I'd be ecstatic if he's average and steady.DO NOT expect great things,you'll be very disappointed ;)

...And Ryder was an ex-Canadien. It happens. :P

I don't think we need him to be tough, but we need him to use his size effectively. If that means keeping people to the outside, using his reach effectively to take away passing lanes on the powerplay, and pinning guys along the boards... Well, I would be very happy with that.

...And Ryder was an ex-Canadien. It happens. :P

I don't think we need him to be tough, but we need him to use his size effectively. If that means keeping people to the outside, using his reach effectively to take away passing lanes on the powerplay, and pinning guys along the boards... Well, I would be very happy with that.

Those are things he is well capable of :)

If we put him in the proper position to succeed, I think things could be OK. I still question the actual amount (I bet we could have got him for less by playing a little hardball), but things seemed to work out during his time in Pittsburgh. We just can't try to use him as something he isn't, which may have been part of the problem in Toronto.

Exactly!!!!!!

Even worse than being an ex-Bruin, he's also an ex-Leaf...lol.

Hopefully that wash and rinse cycle he went through in Pittsburg got all those scum marks off. :lol:

HES 6'7

And he's not even on the ice yet.

I want to give him & the other signings a chance to play for us before I start the criticism of them.

Some of you people blow my mind, yes Hall Gill use to be a useless pylon defencement that is true. However it seems to me he has finally adjusted to the new NHL and if he plays anything like he did for Pitts in the playoffs last year I will consider him at this price a steal.

This is all coming from a person who in years past made fun of this player endlessly to all the leafs fans I know. Watching him in those playoffs he was very strong back there.

Some of you people blow my mind, yes Hall Gill use to be a useless pylon defencement that is true. However it seems to me he has finally adjusted to the new NHL and if he plays anything like he did for Pitts in the playoffs last year I will consider him at this price a steal.

This is all coming from a person who in years past made fun of this player endlessly to all the leafs fans I know. Watching him in those playoffs he was very strong back there.

i agree 100%

i've made my share of hal gill jokes in the past when he played for toronto, hut he definetley stepped it up in PIT.

people on here just love to whine.

Archived